• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Not with Moxey at the club, no. That's not the point though.

So what exactly is your point then?

DW: Iorfa is hardly Rio Ferdinand

Did you read the last line?

What do you suggest, just sell him for whatever as defenders are ten a penny? Good planning when we have very few assets worth anything.

So what exactly is your point then?

DW: Iorfa is hardly Rio Ferdinand

That the £15M release clause is perfectly plausible and would make good business sense.

Did you read the last line?

What do you suggest, just sell him for whatever as defenders are ten a penny? Good planning when we have very few assets worth anything.

No, i Suggest we keep him at any cost if possible because he is one of our best players IMO..but if he wanna leave we aint gonna get 10m+ for him...

That the £15M release clause is perfectly plausible and would make good business sense.

so if a prem club wants him do you think we will stand firm on 15m????

The point surely is that you aim to set a release clause prohibitively high so that no-one can come in and nab your player without you even having a say in the matter - bear in mind the clause is only there at the player's behest in the first place, not as if clubs randomly go including them for no reason and without prompting. What would be the sense in setting it at say, £5m, which is at a level where loads of clubs would have a look at him and decide he's worth a shot at that price, so all they have to do is bid that much and we can't reject it even if we want to, or if the market is such that inferior players are going for more?

The point surely is that you aim to set a release clause prohibitively high so that no-one can come in and nab your player without you even having a say in the matter - bear in mind the clause is only there at the player's behest in the first place, not as if clubs randomly go including them for no reason and without prompting. What would be the sense in setting it at say, £5m, which is at a level where loads of clubs would have a look at him and decide he's worth a shot at that price, so all they have to do is bid that much and we can't reject it even if we want to, or if the market is such that inferior players are going for more?

Of course, It's good to set a high price but if the player wanna leave he will leave ..and it wont ever be a level that is achievable..understand your point though

Clearly.

Do you think Zenit will hold out for £100M+ if someone puts in a half decent bid for Hulk?

So, how much will we sell Iorfa for?

£50m Lycan? not as prolific as Hulk I will give you that..

Jez is supposed to be the arch negotiator, apparently it's his major strength although he hasn't really got us that many brilliant deals on fees, Jarvis/Fletcher were about market value given how they'd played for us in the Premier League (notwithstanding that neither proved their worth at their next club), Camara was good money in the end given the loan fees from Celtic and Southampton and Olofinjana was daylight robbery on our part. In Jez's time we've also managed to lose Rae, Miller and Sako for nothing and got bullied into sales on Kightly/Davies due to contracts winding down which isn't great for a club which apparently prides itself on having a handle on that kind of thing.

He managed to get £5m for Lescott. Now given that Joleon was a) older b) had serious injury concerns hovering over him at the time and c) that was 10 years ago, in which time the Premier League TV revenues have increased four or fivefold, I would be seriously pissed off if we only got around that much for Iorfa now.

Jez is supposed to be the arch negotiator, apparently it's his major strength although he hasn't really got us that many brilliant deals on fees, Jarvis/Fletcher were about market value given how they'd played for us in the Premier League (notwithstanding that neither proved their worth at their next club), Camara was good money in the end given the loan fees from Celtic and Southampton and Olofinjana was daylight robbery on our part. In Jez's time we've also managed to lose Rae, Miller and Sako for nothing and got bullied into sales on Kightly/Davies due to contracts winding down which isn't great for a club which apparently prides itself on having a handle on that kind of thing.

He managed to get £5m for Lescott. Now given that Joleon was a) older b) had serious injury concerns hovering over him at the time and c) that was 10 years ago, in which time the Premier League TV revenues have increased four or fivefold, I would be seriously pissed off if we only got around that much for Iorfa now.

I know Dan, just being realistic now..we are a club midtable in the champs.. anyway we arent gonna get around £10m for Iorfa despite talent, english youth international caps or whatever, and you know that..
yourself.. just I feel sorry for our club deteriorate inside out..painful to see for me...

I think some of you are missing the point of a release clause in this instance. From memory we triggered McDonald's clause of £250k? which worked for the buying club and the player. If someone wants to buy Iorfa they will pay what they think he is worth, if we will accept it. They won't offer more because of a clause. The £15m clause which if it did exist (I doubt it does) is superfluous as we won't receive a bid at that level nor will it take that much to get him. Finally, how shit would an agent be to agree/stipulate that price for a player who at that point had played about 30 matches at no higher than Championship level

I think some of you are missing the point of a release clause in this instance. From memory we triggered McDonald's clause of £250k? which worked for the buying club and the player. If someone wants to buy Iorfa they will pay what they think he is worth, if we will accept it. They won't offer more because of a clause. The £15m clause which if it did exist (I doubt it does) is superfluous as we won't receive a bid at that level nor will it take that much to get him. Finally, how should would an agent be to agree/stipulate that price for a player who at that point had played about 30 matches at no higher than Championship level

No Tony, nobody will bid 15m and he wanna go to a bigger club for a lesser fee..

The point is until they bid £15m we still have at least a say in the matter. If they go lower, we make a decision on it.

Simple.

£15m release clause.

If club x bids £15m, we have to release Iorfa to speak to them

If they bid less than £15m we can still tell them to do one. So we have a say in the matter. It will all come down to negotiation, and the Mings fee is a significant line in the sand. I reckon if Dom goes it would be for something like £12m.

I know youre a lawyer Paddy, and i respect that..but I dont believe Wolves will ever stand their ground and now im gone....

Back