• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

not with you on that one Paddy

Say release clause IS £15m.
Club "A" offer £4m we can say "no deal" as it doesn't match the clause"
Player gets arsey and we say "tough, the release clause hasn't been met"
Player stays.
Bidding war ensues (in the best case senario)

I know youre a lawyer Paddy, and i respect that..but I dont believe Wolves will ever stand their ground and now im gone....

I haven't said that Wolves will stand their ground either. I have said that at under £15m, they have the OPTION to do so. If the release is met, then they don't. See, it really isn't complex.

Say release clause IS £15m.
Club "A" offer £4m we can say "no deal" as it doesn't match the clause"
Player gets arsey and we say "tough, the release clause hasn't been met"
Player stays.
Bidding war ensues (in the best case senario)

Mike, you know thats not gonna happen in our position

I haven't said that Wolves will stand their ground either. I have said that at under £15m, they have the OPTION to do so. If the release is met, then they don't. See, it really isn't complex.

So, what is the value of Iorfa?,,I will say about 6m

If we any sense (not sure that we have) we will just reject any bid for him - one of the few with real potential

Really don't expect bids big enough for a player who has less than 60 league matches under his belt & whilst being one of our better performers on the whole hasn't been as good as last season

Don't expect us to flash much cash out in the close season & am sure that there are a number of others that we could offload (albeit at much lower values) to provide that money. He is someone we should be looking to build a team around

I slate Jez Moxey a lot, but the one thing he tends to be very good at is wringing the value out of a deal. I'd expect us to get a very good deal for Iorfa but probably no more than Mings £8m

If we get nearly as much for Iorfa as we did for Afobe then good old Jezza's dropped the ball at least once.

Iorfa is easily worth £10m+. Whether we'd get that is another matter.

so we will see then.... i hope you guys are right but cant see it

My worry is the shortfall in cash because there is no chance Morgan will subsidise. The reckoning was about £6M and I can't see many saleable assets apart from Hause, Iorfa and Price. I don't see how they can cut £6M of the wage bill either. I'd like to think Wolves hold the aces but it's a bollocky and sadly inevitable situation.

What's left over from selling Stearman and Afobe covers a large chunk of the parachute money we're missing, so we don't really need to sell to stand still. We won't be spending much though.

The issue is that ideally you'd gut the squad being as we have a lot of shite footballers and barring a core of 6-8 plus the kids start again, but you can't do that without a budget, and no-one will buy said shite.

Those I listed at the top of the thread:

Ikeme
Doherty
Edwards
Henry
McDonald
McCarey
Rowe
Coady
Sigurdarson
Ebanks-Landell
Ismail
Le Fondre

McCarey, Rowe, Sigurdarson, Le Fondre and Ismail are all leaving on frees/going back to parent club so that's £0 received. The rest of them...you'd do very well to raise £2m out of the lot. A couple of them would struggle to attract any interest even if we were offering them out on a free.

McDonald - can see him going back to Scotland and we should be able to get a bit for him

As Deutssch says - don't expect us to spend much so don't need to raise that much to cover

What's left over from selling Stearman and Afobe covers a large chunk of the parachute money we're missing, so we don't really need to sell to stand still. We won't be spending much though.

The issue is that ideally you'd gut the squad being as we have a lot of $#@!e footballers and barring a core of 6-8 plus the kids start again, but you can't do that without a budget, and no-one will buy said $#@!e.

Those I listed at the top of the thread:

Ikeme
Doherty
Edwards
Henry
McDonald
McCarey
Rowe
Coady
Sigurdarson
Ebanks-Landell
Ismail
Le Fondre

McCarey, Rowe, Sigurdarson, Le Fondre and Ismail are all leaving on frees/going back to parent club so that's £0 received. The rest of them...you'd do very well to raise £2m out of the lot. A couple of them would struggle to attract any interest even if we were offering them out on a free.

Yep, forgot about the Afobe cash. Think Boukari is off the wage as well. So maybe we're looking at about four low end signings and maybe a couple of PL loaners.

Historically on here people have a misguided view on whether we will sell players, dig up a Fletcher thread, even post heads gone and we wouldn't sell him. Look at what people said in December about the chances of selling Afobe. Iorfa will be sold if we receive a bid north of £5m, anybody that doesn't think he will be is deluding themselves and ignoring the precedent of history

Historically on here people have a misguided view on whether we will sell players, dig up a Fletcher thread, even post heads gone and we wouldn't sell him. Look at what people said in December about the chances of selling Afobe. Iorfa will be sold if we receive a bid north of £5m, anybody that doesn't think he will be is deluding themselves and ignoring the precedent of history

The trouble is that £15M doesn't do a lot in this league anyway these days. The genius in promotion lies elsewhere and we ain't got it.

I think Iorfa will go.

My issue with Afobe was that he wasn't making any noises about leaving (we know now that he did want out, contrary to what he said publicly in September and his badge kissing stuff) and that as a club it would make no sense to sell him in the middle of the season - given you'd struggle to replace him, you'd get your pants pulled down on the price for a new striker, we couldn't use the money to turn us into a top six team inside a month, we didn't need the money to keep us going for the rest of the season à la Bolton, there'd likely be more interest in him come the following summer, he had ages left on his contract, it would send out a dreadful sign to the fans about where the club was heading and right before renewal time as well, he was overwhelmingly our best player and selling him would immediately remove all our goal threat, etc etc. Of course we did it anyway and to make it worse accepted the first offer which wasn't even an especially good one in the current climate. I genuinely didn't think the club were that stupid and had taken leave of their senses to that degree.

I understand Afobe wanted out as soon as we didn't go up last season.

Then why not sell him to the better bid in the summer and get a player in when prices weren't so high?

It just compounds the awful management from the top. Shocking stuff if true.

Back