• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

It's only really the full backs injury record that scares me. The fact we have no left winger means Costa will be an immediate upgrade to our starting 11. Then you'd imagine a player like Pele will hopefully be an improvement on Coady (not difficult). But I share some of the worries above in that it would also be nice to get some experience from within the UK in as well.

I've now got images of KJ shifting Doherty to right back to play Silvio at left back and then shoving Iorfa inside to partner Batth in the middle.

Looking at that photo in the E&S article, the bloke photographed at Compton yesterday looks more like Pele than Talisca or the wonder kid

I think Iorfa and Baatth could work well but it would be a shame for Hause to miss out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Turning Portuguese I think we're turning Portuguese I really think so, ba-da-da dum dum dum dum

Wait so we're actually gunna have a player called Pele playing for us? What a time to be alive!

Let's hope that for the 1st time Tim II is right and we sign 3 players today. Even if he's not correct it's still brilliant to see us linked with such high calibre players

I do hope that we're looking at signings to supplement the academy (& an optimists reading of the recent comments by Shi lead me to retain the hope that this is the case). I've high hopes for the likes of Ronan, Ennis and co. Be great to have that blend of players coming through as well.

I think Iorfa and Baatth could work well but it would be a shame for Hause to miss out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hause is at the stage where it would benefit him to be a squad player. 46 games is a massive ask for anyone at this level so depth will be key. Look at how Wednesday did last year, initial investment, good start and then added in January. Hopefully we will mirror that this year. Looking at the side that played Northampton yesterday there are a couple of players in there who seem to have genuine potential for this league or higher, but they need to be playing maybe a few games or sub appearances etc, but there are some that probably shouldn't be involved at all yet as it's clearly too early for them. So we still need some bulking out.

I do hope that we're looking at signings to supplement the academy (& an optimists reading of the recent comments by Shi lead me to retain the hope that this is the case). I've high hopes for the likes of Ronan, Ennis and co. Be great to have that blend of players coming through as well.

I honestly think they'll benefit a lot from older signings coming in now. We've raided the academy so much that many players are now playing a grade above where they "should" be at the equivalent stage of their development, and for a lot of them it'll be more fruitful in the long run to have more time to develop there than be needed to fill spots on the bench.

Back