• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

It suppose it does. What ever it is, it really is bat shit mental that we're even being linked to some of these players, considering the pessimism that hung over the club at the end of last season.

Exciting times, even if it's allowing ourselves to dream a tiny bit!

So...If twitter is to be believed(I know), three players were having medicals yesterday, so how long before an announcement? Do we still do two day medicals? How did Mike Williamson pass one?

Speaking of poor Willo, I hope we've made buying a CB a priority.

As my knowledge of foreign football is up there with Tim Nash's, the obvious question is are they any good?

As my knowledge of foreign football is up there with Tim Nash's, the obvious question is are they any good?

They are better than Doherty, Coady and Byrne... In fact make the last one "Edwards on the left"!

Probably an upgrade on present incumbents and given where we were a month ago, we're clearly shopping at a completely different level now, but I can't say I'm exactly ecstatic about the signings reported.

I think we mustn't have too high expectations based on the recruitment of these three and I'm concerned about the injury record of Silvio.

If we can get them quickly integrated into the existing team and the way we play and add some good quality UK based players with experience of the Championship, then I think we've got genuine reasons to be optimistic.
It remains to be seen whether we manage to get a real star player signed. I'm a little worried that at least in the interim Mendes might be using us to conveniently move on some of his clients that he's having trouble shifting elsewhere.

Probably an upgrade on present incumbents and given where we were a month ago, we're clearly shopping at a completely different level now, but I can't say I'm exactly ecstatic about the signings reported.

I think we mustn't have too high expectations based on the recruitment of these three and I'm concerned about the injury record of Silvio.

If we can get them quickly integrated into the existing team and the way we play and add some good quality UK based players with experience of the Championship, then I think we've got genuine reasons to be optimistic.
It remains to be seen whether we manage to get a real star player signed. I'm a little worried that at least in the interim Mendes might be using us to conveniently move on some of his clients that he's having trouble shifting elsewhere.

I bloody hope not. Hoofball is definitely the wrong way to go. I'm hoping Jackett goes back to his 14/15 style rather than 15/16 otherwise he can do one.

It's hard to judge how players like this will fit in. They're obviously talented and being a reserve at a Champions league club is hardly evidence they're not good enough to be top players in our league. It's more a question of how they adapt to a physically more demanding league and how they react to a mid February night game at Huddersfield or the like. Plus Silvios injury record is not promising.

"The way we play". - what I meant was the way we intend to play this season, be it the KJ way or the way of a new Manager. Clearly, whatever way we play or formation we adopt, it will probably be quite different (unless we get a Continental Coach in to replace KJ) to what they have been used to in Portugal and Spain.

Pele is a sure thing. He's very strong and good on the ball. Not much of a goal-scorer but he's a direct upgrade on Coady.

Wingers are always tough to judge (just look back at our reviews of Rajiv after his debut) so we can only wait and see how Silvio and Helder Costa make out.

In terms of getting out of the Champ I'd far rather we were shopping in the place that sold Dack, Pritchard and Judge. As above, I'd have reservations about how they'll adapt to the English game and how Jackett will manage them. But Fosun/Mendes clearly have a plan, and it doesn't involve finishing 14th in the Championship. So let's strap ourselves in for the ride...

"The way we play". - what I meant was the way we intend to play this season, be it the KJ way or the way of a new Manager. Clearly, whatever way we play or formation we adopt, it will probably be quite different (unless we get a Continental Coach in to replace KJ) to what they have been used to in Portugal and Spain.

Ah right, I understand you now. Yes, acclimatization to sunny Wolverhampton may be difficult.

Brightens my morning reading this thread what a change a few months can make. If we do sign 3 today it's a massive statement of intent. I know nothing about the players linked from Benfica but I hope we will also get a few English players in for a better balance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back