• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Before you know it we'll be hijacking ManU's deal for Pogba...

So what do I need to know about Costa, Pele, Silvio and Lemar?

Costa -winger (don't know what side)
Pele - CM
Silvio - full back (right footed but can play either side
Lemar* - no idea

*Seen Twitter try and say that him and Talisca have been at Molineux today - using the same photo

People claiming that it's Lemar in the photo. I haven't got a clue who Lemar is (although I did hear him sing at a Wolves end of season dinner) or what he looks like.

People claiming that it's Lemar in the photo. I haven't got a clue who Lemar is (although I did hear him sing at a Wolves end of season dinner) or what he looks like.

2355.jpg

As blurry as that picture is, it is clear enough to see that it isn't Thomas Lemar.

(It *could* be Talisca, I'll give people that much, but I still don't think those two players are any of the men in that picture.)

I know I might be accused of being a doom and gloom merchant but a player rated at £58million? Really?:icon_eek::whistle:
Mind it's a lot better than Chris Woods rejecting us every 6 months.

I know I might be accused of being a doom and gloom merchant but a player rated at £58million? Really?:icon_eek::whistle:

Don't expect any of us really think we are buying a player reputadly valued at £58m, but this is just fun compared to what we usually get in the transfer window

£58m is too much for him but he's already broken through to Monaco's first team at 20 - much more of a prospect than his teammate Cavaleiro, who would be the absolute upper limit of who we should realistically be able to attract, IMO. As much as we do look set to spend a fair bit now, the other players we're linked with are definitely reserves for European clubs, not future midfield talismans.

Most reports say Liverpool and Madrid were looking to pay £10m. Still shocking that we are being linked with these type of players.

Oh I know this is a more grown up forum so generally people don't get carried away one way or another. To be fair at 20 years old we'd be a more sensible move than Liverpool but we have to be realistic as a club regarding who will join a Championship club.
It's interesting though, far better than our normal fare and I'm broadening my knowledge of foreign football clubs reserves.

I find the whole thing completely fucking head-spinning.

Imagine if we did get promoted. God alone knows what players we would be linked with.

The fact that we are being linked with players also being linked to Liverpool rather than Brentford is either wishful thinking, jokers on t'internet or a statement of intent from the new owners

To be fair the "£58 million" article is no more reliable then the link to Wolves. I doubt very much a 20 year old with a handful of first team appearances commands such a huge transfer sum - potential or not.

From a Wolves point of view, it's certainly positive that we're being linked with this kind of player.

These rumours are either down to:-

- lazy journalism, hey Wolves have got some money let's link them to a few players
- Internet mongs who like to start a rumour and get a buzz out of bullshit
- serious interest on our part, why not knock on a few doors after all
- Mendez somehow being involved in an attempt to raise our profile

If I was a cynical bugger, which I am, I would warrant it's a combination of all four of then but with the Mendez link being the most interesting one - and the one with potential to maybe not get the calibre of player we are hearing about but certainly raising interest in the club to attain much better transfers than if we weren't being linked to all these players

If Pelé wasn't linked in some of the same articles I would agree, Newbridge. As it is, he seems a rather random name to pull out of a hat in comparison to the others. Lends credence to the links mentioned in the same breath as him, IMO.

Back