• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Before his sending off Coady was getting decent reports on here...Basically turned into next Doumbia

Before his sending off Coady was getting decent reports on here...Basically turned into next Doumbia

Good comparison - I thought both looked great to start with.

If we make our money back on Coady it'll rival Stoke 'stealing' Olofinjana. Didn't they pay £3m for him? Which was roughly £4m more than his true value.

Eight years ago today as it happens. I'm still laughing now.

Coady's first touch is diabolical, shocking footballer.

Coady is the only senior player involved in the friendly against Northampton I think so it would make sense.

Terrible footballer who looked the business for 3/4 games then just got worse and worse. Horrible first touch as Dan said

If we were to sign Talisca and then get rid of Coady on the same day... I used this yesterday but it's the most apt picture on the Internet:

ectoplasm.jpg

I did see him have a few good games after his initial 3-4, Burnley away he was quite good IIRC.

I must admit that when he first signed I thought he looked a cracking signing (even if it was in a position we didn't need to strengthen) but as the season dragged on he just became a symbol of everything I disliked about Kenny Jackett's tactics.

Dream come true if someone comes in for Coady this quickly. His performances make my blood boil in a way that very few could replicate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we can wave goodbye to Ikeme, Doherty, Ebanks-Landell, Coady and Edwards as well as bringing in sufficient new signings then I'll be absolutely delighted.

I kind of like that we're letting these kinds of players go, i.e. KMaC, CC and going back a bit further Stearman + Henry. Certainly not the best players in the world but would get into most championship squads

It suggests to me that we're looking to get a fair amount of new players in. I also wonder how long this take over has been on the cards for, it would certainly explain the Stearman sale a bit more which I found mystifying at the time.

The only exception is the Mason purchase, i'm probably reading too much into things and thinking we had a plan!

This is all starting to sound (almost) to good to be true - if its not then fun times ahead :)

I think Coady has been told to fnd a new club. Wouldn't have played Saturday if Batth had have been fit and the fact he is with the younger players tonight speaks volumes.

I remember shouting down Huddersfield fans rubbishing Coady on FF at the time. How right they were. Still, we had the last laugh sending dear old Rajiv up there!

Back