• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Looks like Mcdonald is finally offski. £1.25m.
If we've got that much for someone who phoned it in for about 80% of last season and wasn't even making the bench in the final two months then that's a ridiculous deal.

If we've got that much for someone who phoned it in for about 80% of last season and wasn't even making the bench in the final two months then that's a ridiculous deal.
Moxey's parting gift innit

Agree - great deal. Hopefully someone can take Coady as well; let's face it he won't be near the bench soon.

If we hadn't been taken over I'd be worried - am sure we can find better, though. He's such a Fulham sort of player, too.

It also knocks our average squad age down some more. I make it only five outfield players at the club (Williamson, Edwards, Henry, Batth, Mason) older than 24.

Confirmed he's gone. I won't miss him.

What a shame. Loved him in the first season. Really frustrated by him since.

Never delivered on his ability, the fact he couldn't get in our midfield at the end of last season tells you all you need to know.

No loss he got found out big time soon as opposing players closed him down and pressured him when on the ball he was more or less ineffective.

It's a shame because he has been brilliant for us in his first two seasons. In league 1 he was a class above and then in the championship (particularly when we signed Afobe) he was capable of being the best midfielder in the league at times. Since last summer his attitude has been a bit crap and we've only seen glimpses of quality from him. Right move with all thre change that is happening.

We need signings and quick that is for sure! Squad is tiny

The fact we have immediately let him go makes me think Monday's press conference might be a touch tasty on the incoming player front.

But seriously? £1.25m? That is fucking robbery by our negotiators. Fulham must have some right dicks sorting out deals on their side.

Looks like Mcdonald is finally offski. £1.25m.

We only paid £250k for him, didn't we? £1m extra for someone with the a heart the size of a pea

Wish him well for the first two seasons but he was anonymous last season and showed no desire when the going got tough. A real shame because he has undoubted ability but his immobility is going to hinder him, always.

1.25m for somebody who coasted through last season in 1st gear really is daylight robbery.

Pretty sure we've been linked to him before. Considering he's a forward, his goal return ratio (in poor leagues) is shocking.

Oh yeah he's fucking wank.

Back