• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Twitter rumour alert: linked with a £5 mill bid for Alex Mowatt.
No idea on the reputable nature of the account tho!

Mowatt would be a class signing!

Report on Twitter that we have "won the race to sign free agent Nick Powell"

Hmm. We've tried to get him before on loan, haven't we?

Not that it matters as much with the takeover, and everything being up in the air when it comes to how Lopetegui will set the team up, I wonder what that means for the other number 10s we've collected under Jackett - Wallace and Saville. (Edwards too, but I have a feeling we're going to have him around until he retires from the game in three or four seasons' time.)

Should we split this thread into 2?

players we are going to sign if we are loaded
players we are going to sign if it all goes tits up

Should we split this thread into 2?

players we are going to sign if we are loaded
players we are going to sign if it all goes tits up

I think the second thread would remain empty, tbh.

Apparently we're duking it out with Derby and Wednesday for Adam Reach.

Well, if either M&M Wolves or Li Wolves were after Pele, he's signed with Benfica. So that's a shame.

doesn't look like we'll be getting Messi for at least for 21 months....

The Nick Powell rumour is popping up in a lot of places.

He's done virtually nothing in 4 years and his attitude has been questioned constantly since his move. I hope he's not coming here.

It is a bit concerning, he's never going to be arsed.

It is a bit concerning, he's never going to be arsed.

You're right he's never going to be arsed. I think i mentioned it on here before but he was doing some coaching at Crewe last season and when asked by Kenny Lunt why he was doing it and not concentrating on his own career when he could still play for England he said because he doesn't really care and that he would go to a top end Championship team at the end of his contract and earn his money.

I'll never understand that attitude. We can do without him, certainly sounds like a Thelwell/Jackett enquiry (if we're even actually after him) anyway so probably won't happen.

I'll never understand that attitude. We can do without him, certainly sounds like a Thelwell/Jackett enquiry (if we're even actually after him) anyway so probably won't happen.

Yeah the Crewe coaches didn't really understand it either and every football fan won't understand it because they would kill to play professionally but that's the way with some people, he's good at something he doesn't particularly want to try hard at.

I suppose you see it in all professions at some point, talented individuals who are happy to take the easy route and be comfortable rather than push themselves to excel.

Duffy just strikes me as another Danny Batth. Nothing wrong with that type of centre half but it severely limits the kind of football you can play if you pair two of them, even at this level. I don't even think he's that much of an appreciable upgrade of the same thing.

Back