• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

So long as our play does not become completely one dimensional as a result of his signing, I would not be too against the signing of Matt Smith at all. He is a beast.

With all the excitement I missed than Steven Fletcher is being released by Sunderland. #headsgone for a return? Not for me. Been there done that.

Nick Powell available on a free might be worth a punt even if it just further reduces Edwards chances of getting a slot on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Edwards won't have a spot on the bench because he'll be too nailed on in the starting XI.

Let's hope he starts on Thursday.

Oh please.

I'm immensely proud of him. I also think some of you should take note of several managers who all keep picking him, regardless of some of the expert opinions on Internet forums.

We should be delighted with him, yet there's still petty digs out there.

I'm immensely proud of him. I also think some of you should take note of several managers who all keep picking him, regardless of some of the expert opinions on Internet forums.

Good for you. I'm also happy for him on a personal level, just like I am for any hard working footballer who gets to represent their country this summer. Simply being there however does not elevate their footballing ability one iota.

Fair play to him for managing to get into the Wales squad and starting their first game but it was not surprise that Wales improved when Ledley came on for him. You can't use managers picking him as a plus point for him either because managers pick shit players every week.

Nick Powell available on a free might be worth a punt even if it just further reduces Edwards chances of getting a slot on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

No thanks, great talent but doesn't care about the game and just wants to pick up his money.

I'm just as delighted for Dave, he's only our third player representing as at a european championships. That doens't mean I have to think he is the best thing since sliced bread like you do Stu.

Fair play to him for managing to get into the Wales squad and starting their first game but it was not surprise that Wales improved when Ledley came on for him. You can't use managers picking him as a plus point for him either because managers pick shit players every week.

I think you may have proved my point there!!

I'm just as delighted for Dave, he's only our third player representing as at a european championships. That doens't mean I have to think he is the best thing since sliced bread like you do Stu.

I would love you to show me where I've said this.

I simply won't slate him as so many of you do. That doesn't mean I don't see his limitations, but I don't refuse to acknowledge that he has his strengths too, which thankfully Messrs McCarthy Jackett and Coleman did and do see.

His limitations were shown up drastically on about the hour mark when he ran out of puff. Feeble attempt to put any kind of challenge in for their equaliser and then gave away a silly freekick in a dangerous area about 5 minutes later. Rightly hooked shortly after, which is more than KJ would do!

Not suited to that role at all, unfortunately.

Lacking in match fitness,
I would guess.

He's no world beater and I do recognise his limits, but I'd prefer to celebrate his achievement.

Congrats to you Stu for having the same opinion as those managers it must make you feel a cut above the rest of use mere mortals who can only aspire to your knowledge and judgement of football players. God forbid we have a different opinion from such doyens of football as Kenny Jackett or Chris Coleman or NWW. Where would the world be if we didn't agree with such luminaries.

Alternatively most of us are pleased for a limited footballer to make it to a major championship who happens to play for Wolves.

Oh Johnny why are you so quick to try and cause issues?
I merely think it's disappointing in opinion that this forum has a downer on him and always has.
Is it ok that I voice my opinion, and dare use some evidence to back up said view, an opinion shared by football people more distinguished than any of us in the game?

That's not me saying anyone is wrong, just that I disagree.

Have a beer Johnny, try and be nice,
You might like it.

Anyhow, I didn't realise I would cause such ructions by voicing my view.
Shall leave you all to it, enjoy, and good luck Dave.

Oh Johnny why are you so quick to try and cause issues?
I merely think it's disappointing in opinion that this forum has a downer on him and always has.
Is it ok that I voice my opinion, and dare use some evidence to back up said view, an opinion shared by football people more distinguished than any of us in the game?

That's not me saying anyone is wrong, just that I disagree.

Have a beer Johnny, try and be nice,
You might like it

Could you pass me one down from the moral high ground please?

Back