• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

He tried hard on Saturday, however as he can't track runs (not a defensive midfielder and never has been), never shows for a short pass and can't pass the ball then he is of little to no use in that role. As soon as Ledley came on they started playing more football rather than the back five having no short ball on and having to hump it long. All he offers is effort.

Coleman inexplicably picking him in a role he never plays at club level doesn't change my opinion of him, however if it suckers someone into bidding money for him and we're sensible enough to accept it within 0.0003 seconds then I'd be delighted.

He wasn't really playing defensive mid though, he seemed to be doing a combination of man marking and zonal marking either Hamsk or the 17 who also looked dangerous. He was shadowing them anytime they looked for space and more often than not made Hamsk not be allowed to turn, the chance he nearly scored was pretty much his only involvement in the first half and that seemed to be panic from a few players rather than Edwards.

Can't see him doing a similar thing we England though as we don't particularly look to play through one central player like Slovakia.

I'm just as delighted for Dave, he's only our third player representing as at a european championships. That doens't mean I have to think he is the best thing since sliced bread like you do Stu.

He's our 5th player to do that.

Quick quiz to name the other 4

Last edited:
He's one of ours OK, but that doesn't make him any less white!
I'm 64 this year and frankly with a month or two training, I could have played that well\badly. I hope he plays against England.

He's one of ours OK, but that doesn't make him any less white!
I'm 64 this year and frankly with a month or two training, I could have played that well\badly. I hope he plays against England.

Imagine it now - England 1 up in injury time, Bale whips a free kick in, Edwards rises like a salmon to flick the ball into the net...

But Hunt didn't play I don't think? The stat I had read must have been players who had played

But Hunt didn't play I don't think? The stat I had read must have been players who had played

It must have been that,

Hunt never played in '12, heard him whinging about it recently in his new role as a radio pundit, doubt if Hughes played in 80.

SO we are both right, everyones a winner

The Express and star and Tim nice but dim really have produced a complete wankerish headline regarding Iorfa. Nowhere have Wolves released a hands off warning for Iorfa. The witchfest will be out in force now when he sold (which i believe he should be, at the correct price)

Hopefully Wolves have learnt there lesson from 12 months ago and will remain cautiously silent. They have til now. Then that rag sticks there nose in. I cannot believe how low they will stoop to try get an exclusive.

Barnsley mate of mine reckons we're in for Ashley Fletcher.

Loan by the sounds of it.

Is he any good?

Back