• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Don't disagree deutsch, but that's a problem no matter who we buy - we don't know how to use mason, or Byrne, or any of our midfielders. At least with a lump up front, there's less jackett can do to fuck it up... 'Hit smiths head and run for the flick on', even Edwards can probably do that.

A very fair point. It's very much lowest common denominator stuff though and a complete move away from where we were from Jan-Oct 2014. I really don't know why we can't go back to that base as our philosophy, we have players who can do it.

BPI_JG_Fulham_Brighton_10733.jpg

I can only assume I'm supposed to look through the shit player here and, in fact, see the prophecy foretold in "Visit Florida".

Kaka confirmed?

Linked with a loan move for Adam Armstrong from Newcastle according to Sky.

I would have armstrong here if on the cheap..quick and good things on the ball

Like PQ says, Newcastle will surely have him as part of their squad this season. Cisse will go, one of Mitrovic/Perez possibly too...then they don't have anyone else up front bar Rivière who is comically shit. Armstrong did well in L1 (faded, but Cov were shocking all over from December to April), the next step is to prove it in the Championship...not sure why Newcastle would let someone else take charge of that bit. If they were still in the Premier League they'd probably loan him to someone in our league, but they aren't.

Depends on how Newcastle go next season. Is Rafa more likely to go out and spend or chuck in the likes of Armstrong?

I think they're likely to have a similar policy to last time they came down - hold on to who they can (being as if they hadn't had utter fuckwits managing them for most of the season, they should never have gone down in the first place), don't get bent over a barrel when offers come in, use their spending power to support carrying that wage bill and trust the new gaffer to get them back up.

I'd have expected him to play for them too to be honest. He's not the sort I'd expect Ken to go after either but I suppose stranger things have happened. Mind you it was only Sky I saw it on so probably best taken with a sackful of salt.

Depends on how Newcastle go next season. Is Rafa more likely to go out and spend or chuck in the likes of Armstrong?

He was quoted in the local press as saying his first summer target is to be an experienced striker. From that you get journalists speculating where the likes of Armstrong might find first team football.

Linked with Adam Reach preferably on a season long loan according to the E&S. I would be happy with that I thought he looked pretty good at Molineux earlier this year when Preston beat us 2-1 and short term would be a good replacement for the injured Graham & Zyro.

Yes, I'd be happy with that. Good player at this level.

Linked with Adam Reach preferably on a season long loan according to the E&S. I would be happy with that I thought he looked pretty good at Molineux earlier this year when Preston beat us 2-1 and short term would be a good replacement for the injured Graham & Zyro.

Looks a very good player Wolves would do well to gain his signature because there is bound to be plenty of interest from Championship clubs chasing promotion.

Reach can play LB LW and no 10 seems like Kenny's wet dream.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Nick Powell available on a free might be worth a punt even if it just further reduces Edwards chances of getting a slot on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Back