• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

IN

Andy Lonergan
Silvio
Helder Costa
Joao Teixeira
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
Prince Oniangue
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
Ola John
Paul Gladon
Richard Stearman
Romain Saiss
Ivan Cavaleiro

OUT

Kevin McDonald
Nathan Byrne
Ethan Ebanks-Landell
James Henry

Smashing stuff.

You can't argue with that.

IN

Andy Lonergan
Silvio
Helder Costa
Joao Teixeira
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
Prince Oniangue
Jack Ruddy
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
Ola John
Paul Gladon
Richard Stearman
Romain Saiss
Ivan Cavaleiro

OUT

Kevin McDonald
Nathan Byrne
Ethan Ebanks-Landell
James Henry

Smashing stuff.

Impressive window.

Probably the best window we've ever had... signing Cavaleiro has been the cherry on top of probably the most turbulent 12 weeks we've had in a while at Wolves.

just a bit annoyed Fulham got Martin, they have done business too

Delighted with our business this window. If someone had said 3 months ago we would if spent roughly £14m, signed more than 10 players and would of lost only 1 in the first 5 games I'd of nodded politely at you while shuffling away. Excited for the next few months

Now I just hope our loanees will be available for purchase should they perform as we hope.

CBJ won't be, John definitely would be if we wanted him (I suspect we won't), the same applies to Stears and Helder/Tex depends on where Benfica see them, I think we'd have a fair chance as both would be quite a way from the first team as it stands.

CBJ won't be, John definitely would be if we wanted him (I suspect we won't), the same applies to Stears and Helder/Tex depends on where Benfica see them, I think we'd have a fair chance as both would be quite a way from the first team as it stands.
I wouldn't wrote Ola off. If Zenga gets on his head he should have quite a few defenders in this league on toast.

Very crowded attack for us, though.

Not at all disappointed about missing out on Chris Martin, especially at £10m. Walt's big problem now will be keeping all the players happy & match fit - we'll certainly need the cup runs

Martin would have given us a different option but I don't feel Zenga will be encouraging the lump it up to the big man and chase the 2nd ball style of say Mick. Our forwards are all fairly nippy and mobile. Hopefully the midfield and defence can move the ball forward in a more controlled way.

Delighted with our business this window. If someone had said 3 months ago we would if spent roughly £14m, signed more than 10 players and would of lost only 1 in the first 5 games I'd of nodded politely at you while shuffling away. Excited for the next few months

yep, it's been a great summer hasn't it. being full of hope at the beginning of a season for once doesn't seem unrealistic. a decent start, a manager with passion, a much improved squad and owners with a plan. if we're still smiling after the next ten games it'll be even better.

yep, it's been a great summer hasn't it. being full of hope at the beginning of a season for once doesn't seem unrealistic. a decent start, a manager with passion, a much improved squad and owners with a plan. if we're still smiling after the next ten games it'll be even better.

So right. It may take some time to gel but I truly believe with the backing shown by fosun Zenga has a squad to play in the way he wants. The days of snore fest football I think are gone. Whilst I know little about the players we have signed bar stearman cbj I am really enthused at the capability in the squad. If they all perform as expectations dictate we are in for a great season. If they over perform well who knows. Well done fosun well done Mr shi and well done wolves. A lesson on how to get fans onside in a month without breaking the bank!

We'll definitely be an attacking side. Score more than you Keegan style is going to be the way forward until we can bring in better CBs.

I suppose it's a sign of the dramatic change at the Club that even though we've brought in something like 12 players during the window some fans are still fretting that we didn't sign Martin.

Back