• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Now I'm torn. I like James Henry - but he's not good enough for where we're looking to be. I want to wish him well but it's fucking Bolton FFS. Ah well, he's better off there than here where he's not going to get a look in.

Should have been binned off earlier instead of Jacobs.

Not really competing for the same spot. I don't think Jacobs is especially good out wide, particularly at this level. Henry and VLP was the fight in 2014/15, neither really won out, we should have got rid of one or both last summer. The Jacobs issue was playing Edwards every week instead of him.

Really don't rate Mason at all so would have taken that and just signed the first person the first agent I spoke to was offering. Scores great goals but he isn't a forward, a winger or a midfielder. The Keogh mention is apt. Would rather we had kept Siguardsson than Mason.

Really don't rate Mason at all so would have taken that and just signed the first person the first agent I spoke to was offering. Scores great goals but he isn't a forward, a winger or a midfielder. The Keogh mention is apt. Would rather we had kept Siguardsson than Mason.

No chance. Sigurdarsson is shit. I'd much rather have Mason.

Id do the same. Chance to Spend some of crazy Tony Xia's cash and the thank him when we finish above them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ugh don't remind me of Jacobs. He was magic in League One and Kenny immediately binned him before seeing how much of that he could carry into the Championship.

Because you know we all wanted to see 2 more years of Dangerous Dave.

Yeah, I really hoped Sigurdarson would work out but it never really came close to doing so bar a brief spell in 2012/13. He was nowhere near up to it when used last season, even though I felt sorry for him with the world's least creative midfield behind him and the likes of Helan and Henry supplying the width, he didn't look anywhere near up to standard in any aspect. We tried him wide once or twice too (where Mason is playing now) and he was Paul Jones (the Walsall one) levels of inept. Mason is a far better footballer and will get some goals, Sig never looked like scoring.

Incidentally I'd take the 2008 version of Andy Keogh over Mason.

Sigurdarsson was more like Jake Cassidy than Andy Keogh.

3 goals in 3 starts for Molde...I meant as a backup striker I'd have preferred him giving us depth than Mason.

He would offer as much depth as a Steve Bruce novel.

Mason is no world beater but he's a far better player.

last minute Sako return and I'm done lol
Awsome window we'll see how we go

3 goals in 3 starts for Molde...I meant as a backup striker I'd have preferred him giving us depth than Mason.

Gladon is here to perform that role surely and I'm pretty sure he'll be better than Sig.

While £5m is a lot of money for someone of Mason's quality (so was the £3m we spent on him in January..) we hardly need the cash. I love being able to say that.

Suspect that we have held onto him as no way of knowing whether Dicko will come back as good as he was before the injury, which leaves us short if he doesn't - further changes likely in Jan & Mason may well not be here after if we get a remotely similar bid then

IN

Andy Lonergan
Silvio
Helder Costa
Joao Teixeira
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson
Prince Oniangue
Jack Ruddy
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
Ola John
Paul Gladon
Richard Stearman