• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Not a number 9 and won't get in ahead of Tex, Cav, Costa, John, Graham, Wallace in the wide positions.

Absolutely. He's done us a decent job over the last month from the wide areas but we don't need him there any more. If we keep playing this system then he categorically cannot play through the middle. I don't see him ever eradicating his ability to turn a decent chance into a quarter chance with his dawdling either.

Whether we need the money or not that's plenty. Take the money

I know that money is not an issue now, but £5 million for Mason. I would have bit their hand off.

I'm glad that he's currently in our squad, I think he's a useful player but we overpaid at £3M. Would've snatched their hands off.

Absolutely. He's done us a decent job over the last month from the wide areas but we don't need him there any more. If we keep playing this system then he categorically cannot play through the middle. I don't see him ever eradicating his ability to turn a decent chance into a quarter chance with his dawdling either.

I sippose we would take the money and sell..as Dan says I dont think he will be more than an Andy Keogh MK II

Probably should take the money but would leave us short up top IMO. Can't rely on Bod to play twice a week and the wide players like Costa and Cavaleiro aren't out and out strikers.

If Dicko was fully fit we might have been more tempted I reckon. Or if there was still a loan window. Clubs have to stockpile just in case now.

Surely we'd have accepted £5m if we were willing to sell. I think the lack of loan widow means he'll be here until Jan at least.

Unbeliveable fee though because he's not worth almost a whole Ivan...

Then you leave yourself with Bods and Gladon as the only fit first team strikers. We seem to be forgetting that Dicko isn't 100% and Enobakhare needs to be with the U23s for a bit more.

So with Mason as second choice striker right now, it's good we've hung onto him this window. If that bid comes along in January, then we should take it.

He can't play as a striker in this formation. He hasn't got a clue how to play that role.

Agree that there are some that we are holding onto as there is no loan window now who may not last beyond Jan

Teams get desperate a bit more then, particularly if they are in the mire or on the edge of the playoffs so maybe the price will rise further then

I guess that the offer has come too late in the window because £5 million is a ridiculous amount. Zenga would want to replace him and we don't have enough time to now.

EMNES CLOSE TO ROVERS

Blackburn Rovers are closing in on loan deal for Swansea striker Marvin Emnes..couldnt that be a guy to sign?

really, you think? has pace and can score..

As a general rule Fred, if Blackburn are linked with him then he's garbage.

Back