• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Just seen this post on Twitter:

Shows the price of NOT shouting your mouth off on how much you're going to spend.

I would rather spend as little as possible to get out of the championship and save the money building a PL team Villa have put soo much pressure on themselves by spending over 40million i hope they fail miserably. :)

I don't really think EEL is as bad as some make out. That said, I like him more as a right back than a center back and I don't think he'll ever beat out Iorfa for that spot.

Will be interesting to me to see if he develops for Sheffield United and I wouldn't write him off entirely just yet.

I would rather spend as little as possible to get out of the championship and save the money building a PL team Villa have put soo much pressure on themselves by spending over 40million i hope they fail miserably. :)

Oh that is just too much to hope

I don't really think EEL is as bad as some make out. That said, I like him more as a right back than a center back and I don't think he'll ever beat out Iorfa for that spot.

Will be interesting to me to see if he develops for Sheffield United and I wouldn't write him off entirely just yet.

Thoughts on Dwyer?

He's in the last year of his contract, I don't think we'll ever see him back here in a Wolves shirt again.

Nope we won't.

He'll be gone permanently by next summer or even January.

I predict Hause will be sold to another Championship club next summer too.

im with Bear on this, i dont think Hause will be with us if we make it to the prem either

Thoughts on Dwyer?

Tidy enough player, capable of some truly spectacular goals but also has stretches where is inexplicably awful.

Most importantly, though, he's comfortable with the ball at his feet. Is a tad impetuous which I actually like.

I don't think he'd blow anyone away at this level but IMO he'd be less of a head-scratcher than Gladon. Would back him to score ~10 goals.

According to Pete O'Rourke we have rejected £5 million for Mason from Bristol City.

I'd have said deal...

Pete O'Rourke ‏@SportsPeteO 2m2 minutes ago

Wolves have rejected a £5m bid from Championship rivals Bristol City for striker Joe Mason. #wwfc #bcfc #DeadlineDay

So would I - if we needed the money.

But we don't so I'd keep him here.

Thats crazy money - I assume it's £1m up front and £4m for setting foot on Jupiter or something.

I'd take that all day long. Decent footballer, never going to be a lethal finisher, never going to be any better than his current level.

Been out since 1pm so missed most of today's excitement

Was happy before this on the activity seen though today we have not only iced the cake we have also added some candles and fancy artistic writing

£2m profit on Mason would have been worth taking - he's not a 20 goal a season forward that we really need to hold onto

Back