• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Short term stop gap as Luisao didn't come off. Get someone of a much higher level in January.

we must be looking at a few CB targets so this will only be short term. perhaps the squad spoke highly enough of him.

Has he had a fantastic time at Fulham over the last 6 months?
I cant see the crowd being very forgiving the 1st mistake he makes.

I dunno, he turned into Bobby Moore overnight as soon as we sold him in many people's eyes. Emblen was way more popular in his second spell despite being exactly the same player.

Morocco are playing Albania tomorrow, presume he wasn't in the original squad and was allowed to leave to sign for us so should hopefully get away with it.

Not sold on re-signing Stearman, i like him but we have moved on and i thought we could be looking at signing someone better. I also rate Hause a lot higher than most of our fans and will continue to want him to play.

No thanks to Stearman. I wasn't disappointed when we sold him and I've no desire to see him back playing for us.

Monaco chairman has said nobody will be leaving the club.

Wasn't it less than a couple of weeks back that everyone was clamoring for "Championship experience"? Stears is the epitomy of "Championship experience", but because he's been here already, we've moved on and he's "not good enough".

You need to have a mix of both, IMO. I was surprised to see him linked as well, but it makes sense. We've signed a LOT of players with no previous experience of the league. First signs are good and they appear to be improvements on what we have, but when the going gets tough and we inevitably hit a poor patch of form, having someone experienced with the know-how of this league at the back won't be a bad thing. Especially if it's a loan.

As for today - Stears on loan, Ivan in permanently - and maybe a striker? That would leave us in an incredibly strong position for a promotion push if Zenga can get them all fit and playing together.

Wasn't it less than a couple of weeks back that everyone was clamoring for "Championship experience"? Stears is the epitomy of "Championship experience", but because he's been here already, we've moved on and he's "not good enough".

Only a valid point if it's the same posters saying both things.

If the Stears link is true, I wonder if the club don't expect to see Williamson for a significant amount of time. They've even kept Stears' shirt number free.

You need to have a mix of both, IMO. I was surprised to see him linked as well, but it makes sense. We've signed a LOT of players with no previous experience of the league. First signs are good and they appear to be improvements on what we have, but when the going gets tough and we inevitably hit a poor patch of form, having someone experienced with the know-how of this league at the back won't be a bad thing. Especially if it's a loan.

As for today - Stears on loan, Ivan in permanently - and maybe a striker? That would leave us in an incredibly strong position for a promotion push if Zenga can get them all fit and playing together.
+1. Spot on

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder if the club don't expect to see Williamson for a significant amount of time.

No need to wonder on this.

No squad number would indicate he won't be seen this side of Christmas and I would say we will never see him play a 1st team game for us.

Re: Stearman - I'm not that fussed about him returning purely because I don't think he's very good. He's not an improvement to what we've already got. For a lot of people, his abilities mysteriously improved the second he left the club.....

But anyway - overall I can't be anything other than very pleased about the transfer activity in this window. I agree with your last paragraph. If we can land Ivan, that would just top it off perfectly. We could name a starting XI of entirely new players for the Burton match, injuries permitting of course. That's pretty mental. Yet some people on Twitter STILL think we need 'one of two more'!

Twitter reporting that Stearman is back on a season long loan, but some knob also welcoming Iorfa to WHU...

Yet some people on Twitter STILL think we need 'one of two more'!

I had an argument with that bellend Danks last night on Twitter about this very subject. The whining twat was on about a proven championship goalscorer needed and had written off Gladon before he'd even seen him play in a Wolves shirt (although he claimed he'd seen him play in Holland).

There will always be an element of Wolves support who are always 2 signings away and never happy, this is despite us signing 11 players this window and 9 of those walk into our first team. I can't remember any club signing players like that, not even on promotion to the PL.

These people are just morons.

I had an argument with that bellend Danks last night on Twitter about this very subject. The whining twat was on about a proven championship goalscorer needed and had written off Gladon before he'd even seen him play in a Wolves shirt (although he claimed he'd seen him play in Holland).

There will always be an element of Wolves support who are always 2 signings away and never happy, this is despite us signing 11 players this window and 9 of those walk into our first team. I can't remember any club signing players like that, not even on promotion to the PL.

These people are just morons.

People have written off Gladon based on a few tweets by Heracles fans. I don't believe for a single second that MD has seen him play, or had even heard of him before he was initially linked to us. I don't understand why people think like this. Not for one moment suggesting he'll be a smash hit and hit 20 goals for us this season, just that I've no idea how good he is as - like 99.99999% of Wolves fans - I've never seen him play!

You're right though - this many signings in a single window is unprecedented for us. I don't expect every one of them to be a smash hit but even so - we've a CONSIDERABLY stronger squad now.

Heard on the radio this morning over here that Aiden McGeady is being linked with us.

Cant see any logic in that, even before the fact that his formed has absolutely tanked over the last 2 years or so

Sky sports has stearman here on seasons loan on their tickatape as breaking news

Back