• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I think if we have Saiss in the bag any attacking players are a bonus now, I would still like to see a CB (working on the basis that Williamson is done) and a GK although I suspect its not a priority at the moment. Without any further signings I think we should be able to push top 10 maybe 6 so I am not too worried.

Once the squad has fully settled bearing in mind we still have Dicko & Graham to come back we should be banging them in, keeping them out could be a problem although if Silvio is fit and CBJ is playing we should have very solid full backs.

With these 2 extra players (Saiss and Cavaliero) in I expect Zenga to win the league.

With these 2 extra players (Saiss and Cavaliero) in I expect Zenga to win the league.

I think winning the league may be optimistic as Newcastle have a very, very strong squad for this level - but we undoubtedly would have a top 3/top 4 squad

Silvio
Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Doherty
Borthwick-Jackson

With the exception of Batth the other five can cover at least two different positions across the back four. Deslandes and EEL in reserve, plus the incoming Saiss who can cover there.

Why have people started saying Iorfa is no good at centre back, on the basis of the past two games? Because before that and at the end of last season he looked pretty comfortable there.

I seem in the minority who think our back four played well against Huddersfield with the main problems coming through poor positional structure in midfield. Edwards and Saville just aren't good enough footballers while Mason and Wallace played far to high and didn't try hard enough to involve themselves selling Jack Price short of passing options.

Diego Rolan now being linked on Twitter :icon_lol:

Diego Rolan now being linked on Twitter :icon_lol:

Just on this, there are quite a few posts saying WM have aired an interview with Rolan and he was asked "Wolves or Villa?", to which he answered "I would prefer Wolves. Both moves interest me but Wolves are my priority".

No idea how much truth there is in that, but he'd be an absolutely top draw signing. I would prefer him to Martin. Plus he's only 23.

Just on this, there are quite a few posts saying WM have aired an interview with Rolan and he was asked "Wolves or Villa?", to which he answered "I would prefer Wolves. Both moves interest me but Wolves are my priority".

No idea how much truth there is in that, but he'd be an absolutely top draw signing. I would prefer him to Martin. Plus he's only 23.

Villa are in advanced talks to sign the Bristol City striker in a deal which could eventually cost them 20 million so this looks the cheaper option.

Apparently Stearman is getting resigned....

Also Chris Evans is in negotiating the Martin deal.

Wouldn't object to Stears back.

Yeah, really would not see the point.

Stearman would be a step backwards, we have to move on from such signings. Not good enough.

Wouldn't object to Stears. We know him and Batth are a good partnership at this level.

Are you allowed to return faulty goods 12 months after purchase?

No improvement in him, frequently goes through awful spells of form, can't play any higher than the Champ, other than that seems an outstanding idea.

Only on loan apparently, seems a decent stop gap until we can get someone truly impressive in (along the Boly, Luisao lines).

A couple of top class centre halves have turned us down in this window, signing Stears with a few days left does seem like a bit of a panic buy but at least we know what we're getting. He's way better than EEL and at least as good as Hause (who Zenga doesn't seem to rate).

If it's a stop gap I can accept it, hopefully if we are in a good position in January the we can attract a permanent quality centre half, any news on Cavalhio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back