• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I don't know much about him - do you think there's scope to buy him if he does well?

Yeah, probably. Saints aren't going to weaken their options in the middle of the park any time soon and he isn't close to getting a game at the moment. At 21-22 they would have looked for him to make the breakthrough by now and it hasn't happened for whatever reason. They're still struggling to find a proper spot for JWP.

Yeah wasn't Sylla being touted as 5-6 Million last week!? Show how little anyone actually knows.

I don't mind loan players who are exceptional (tex) or can help us get up then move on (John) but i'd rather develop our own players than take good but learning kids from other teams. I'll make an exception for those that may sign if they do well though.

I would rather have griff back

Old Ivan's back on the agenda again im a hearing!

Yeah his girlfriend put a pic on snapchat where it looks like he's at an airport and put something along the lines of new stage and success. So i guess the rumours are coming from there.

On est en LDC ‏@AlexandreMunegu 1h1 hour ago View translation
Cavaleiro va signer demain à Wolverhampton. Officiel.
Translated from French by Bing Wrong translation?
Cavaleiro will sign tomorrow at Wolverhampton. Official.

Good god if that's true our wide depth is going to be incredible for this division.

This is one transfer that excites me, he looks superb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Ivan couldn't find a higher profile club then. He's going to be a good player in this league and someone like Chris Martin would be good but I want to see some strong links to a centre half.

I'm curious to see if we do not sign Ivan or anybody else (other than Saiss) what people's reaction would be. Would there be wailing and gnashing of teeth or satisfaction we'd signed 9 new players this summer.

I'm curious to see if we do not sign Ivan or anybody else (other than Saiss) what people's reaction would be. Would there be wailing and gnashing of teeth or satisfaction we'd signed 9 new players this summer.

In terms of where we were 12 months ago, it's an absolute world apart and there's not a Wolves fan out there who can't, to some degree, be happy with our level of business and the players we've brought onboard.

That said, you just know there's still that section of the fanbase that would moan we haven't "signed X, Y or Z".

The squad is undoubtedly stronger and more balanced. A lot of the new faces haven't featured yet (John, Cladon, CBJ, Silvio). Add to them the mix of returning players (Dicko, Zyro, Graham) and we are actually a very strong squad. It's a real shame we couldn't sneak a win v Huddersfield and go in to the international break top of the table, with momentum and a feel good atmosphere around the place - but we've got to be happy with the start to the season and the change from a few months back.

In terms of where we were 12 months ago, it's an absolute world apart and there's not a Wolves fan out there who can't, to some degree, be happy with our level of business and the players we've brought onboard.

steve-urkel-side-eye-umm-no.gif

If we don't spend big, I expect Pampers to enjoy some bumper trade on Wednesday.

steve-urkel-side-eye-umm-no.gif

If we don't spend big, I expect Pampers to enjoy some bumper trade on Wednesday.

Firstly, excellent giffage.

Secondly, it cracks me up that we could (and probably will have) invested in an entire new starting 11 by the time next week roles around, but there will still be people out there who are disappointed!

I suppose people see loaning players rather than buying them as some sort of failure (even though it makes perfect sense in our scenario).

Back