• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Saw that, but if he comes on loan will he get enough playing time?

This is something we're going to have to stop worrying about IMO. We're going to end up with a huge squad, Benfica have 90 odd first team players.

This is something we're going to have to stop worrying about IMO. We're going to end up with a huge squad, Benfica have 90 odd first team players.

If that's the case then he might as well stay where he is.

and then people will moan about lack of depth. just wait and see what the fuck happens by the end of the window.

I'm not bothered about having a big squad. We don't have to worry about the wage bill any more, if we have players stuck here not getting any football with no-one wanting to buy them then that's because they're not very good. Inevitably these will all be the legacy players that we can't do a great deal about other than advertise to other clubs during the windows that they're available for next to nothing. If they can't be moved on then tough luck, they still get paid so my sympathy for them will be pretty low.

I'm not bothered about having a big squad. We don't have to worry about the wage bill any more, if we have players stuck here not getting any football with no-one wanting to buy them then that's because they're not very good. Inevitably these will all be the legacy players that we can't do a great deal about other than advertise to other clubs during the windows that they're available for next to nothing. If they can't be moved on then tough luck, they still get paid so my sympathy for them will be pretty low.

Exactly this.

and then people will moan about lack of depth. just wait and see what the $#@! happens by the end of the window.

I don't mind us having a large squad but I'd prefer us to take players on loan who would be obviously better than what we have already, otherwise they won't get playing time here.

I don't mind us having a large squad but I'd prefer us to take players on loan who would be obviously better than what we have already, otherwise they won't get playing time here.

How do you know they're not? The loan players seem better than we have so far and this step may well go a long way to replacing all 3 of Coady, Saville and Edwards as none are good enough long term. Price would be good depth.

I would say Reed is definitely better than any pre-Fosun central midfielder we own.

Wonder if we're going to sell anyone before the window closes...

If they can find Nathan Byrne anywhere he will go.

Is there any sellable players on our books?

How do you know they're not? The loan players seem better than we have so far and this step may well go a long way to replacing all 3 of Coady, Saville and Edwards as none are good enough long term. Price would be good depth.

I was just talking about Reed whom I feel is not obviously better than what we have now, and hope to have by the end of the window in Saisse.

An Italian Twitter account called redeball reckons Pinilla is signing for us. I know, I know, it's Twitter but it's an account with 41k followers so not an "agent Dave".

Idrissa Sylla off to QPR for £1.75m. Hmm - a lot of nonsense fees were flying around that deal.

Is there any sellable players on our books?

Sellable? Yes. Our wage structure remained very reasonable.

Attractive? No. They still aren't worth those wages.

It seems like many will just continue to collect their checks while their contracts slowly run down. I could see us buying out a couple per window if they become a nuisance. We did it to a few when Kenny arrived and I'd think it'd be an even easier decision to do it now with Fosun not being too fussed about a half million loss here and there.

Back