• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Ruddy confirmed on a two year deal with an option for a further year.

Bendtner is, always has been, and always will be, shit.

I thought he had ruined his career so much, he would end up at Copenhagen.

Maybe Wolves take the lotto coupon? The only positive I can up with is that it is more than 5 mins too late to step up and reclaim his integrity as footballer. On the other hand you will get a player who just want the paycheck and explore the jetset environment - probably outside Wolverhampton :) His son live in London btw.

I think the article could be a click bait, no other media has really quoted or published similar stories. To the defense of Ekstra Bladet (which might have more trutstworthy stories than Stir & Guess), I have to add that they were first on writing that Nicolai Boilesen and later Jores Okore were signing for Copenhagen. The source of those stories were however someone within or very close to FCK.

So to ease Deutsch's bloodpresure, lets see if there is more than just talk to this. Could easily be a combo of the Fosun buying Wolves and the situation of Bendtner being af free agent for 6 months or so (without any real connection, even though the article claim that meetings were held between Zenga and Bendtner's agent(s).

I'll look forward to Deutsch's welcome post though lol :)

Bendtner is, always has been, and always will be, shit.
He did very well on loan at Blues as a youngster, was never going to fit in at Arsenal football wise though and then just turned into a weirdo.

Probably far too late in the day for him to turn it around now though.

Bid for Martin again along with Fulham according to Rob Dorsett.

Would still be very happy with Martin, despite his lack of form recently.

As long as you get bodies around him he will create and score goals.

I'd take him, he scores goals at this level. He doesn't look like he wants to be at Derby right now and that has obviously affected his form.

Personally worried by his attitude. Up until about a year ago he was the best forward in the league however so it's if he is worth that risk for that money.

Adomah looks like signing for Villa soon.

For my money, Martin is a much better footballer than Vokes who has scored 20 and 15 in his last two seasons at this level, the key being that Burnley play to his strengths, I have no doubt Martin would rack up similar numbers if we did the same. I'm not too concerned by his current form for Derby as they are hopeless at the moment, they don't ever look like scoring, doesn't matter who's up front. Young enough to sell on for a similar fee to another Champ club if we got promoted in the next two years and decided we needed to move on.

Personally worried by his attitude. Up until about a year ago he was the best forward in the league however so it's if he is worth that risk for that money.

His record before the recent dry spell was exceptional. I think it's just gone a bit stale at Derby, a move could do him wonders. Should be at the peak of hs career over the next 2-3 years.

Yeah, just had a look, hadn't realised he was only 27 thought he was about 30 for some reason. Him, Dicko, Bod, Mason, Gladon would be strength in depth up top!!

Also - has there been anything on Graham's return? A while back he said he was targeting September but it's been pretty quiet since then. I imagine it will be still be a while but but great to have him back too soon.

He wants to be back for the Villa game in mid-October.

That would be good! No need to rush him either, I'd say, much like the situation with Nouha. Let them get back to full fitness and make as positive an impact as possible.

Is Martin worth the amount of Coldplay jokes there would inevitably be?

Back