• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

It's telling that all the Derby fans I know would happily get rid of him. Poor attitude and one good game in four/five according to them.

Maybe he just needs a new club, but it's an expensive gamble to make especially if he isn't going to be regular first choice or even play a style suited to his game.

I think Bodvarsson is doing a similar and just as good a job as him at the minute anyway.

I'd much rather go for Assombalonga and play him and Dicko either side of Bodvarsson.

That would be good! No need to rush him either, I'd say, much like the situation with Nouha. Let them get back to full fitness and make as positive an impact as possible.

Is Martin worth the amount of Coldplay jokes there would inevitably be?

There's always a chance with these types of signings that it could be Paradise or end up being more Trouble than it's worth...

In seriousness I think Martin is worth a go, even if it just stops the fucker scoring against us again this season. I think he's gone stale at Derby and after three years of bottling promotion it's bound to eventually affect you. Think it'd him wonders to get away and I'd rather him be one of ours when he's galvanised as opposed to coming up against him.

I maintain that Martin would be a brilliant signing.

I think brilliant is over-egging it. Solid, good signing. But no more than that.

I think he'd score the goals to take us up. He's certainly a better option than Jordan Rhodes. Always rated Martin.

Martin is a big yes from me quality player and different to what we have. I think he would slot into our system perfectly, I could see 15-20 goals out of him this season.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think he'll end up at Fulham personally but he would be a class signing.

I think he'd score the goals to take us up. He's certainly a better option than Jordan Rhodes. Always rated Martin.

Think they'll sell this time, now they've bought Vydra. I see they have had a bid of £3m for Russell from Bristol too.

If we're serious then we should be able to out-bid Fulham.

I'm surprised Fulham have the funds to be bidding at this level, they've already spent the McCormack money (and more) on a virtual new first XI. Their finances aren't especially healthy, the owner doesn't really put a lot of external funding in and they're into their lower parachute money now.

I'm in two minds about Martin because of his recent form, fitness and attitude, but when he's good he scores goals, creates as many as he scores and is horrible to play against - compare that to Rhodes who does nothing but score and he's a far better option if we think we can get him going again.

Martin is a big yes from me quality player and different to what we have. I think he would slot into our system perfectly, I could see 15-20 goals out of him this season.

I don't think he's much different to Bod personally. A bit bigger maybe but plays a similar role and has more experience of the division. I'd rather spend the money on a different type of player. Especially since we haven't really seen what Gladon will offer us yet.

I don't think he's much different to Bod personally. A bit bigger maybe but plays a similar role and has more experience of the division. I'd rather spend the money on a different type of player. Especially since we haven't really seen what Gladon will offer us yet.
I really rate Bod but from what I have seen they are a little different. Martin has that little bit of magic and can create something from nothing. I could see them pairing quite well together considering Bod is quite quick. If we are playing a front 3 perhaps Costa for some additional raw pace. I know very little of Gladon and I am assuming he's just a big lump. Time will tell but if we sign Martin I will be delighted. Equally if we sign someone else on the Basis that we have our 2 holding strikers I won't complain. Nice problems to have I think.

Pete O'Rourke says we're in for Harrison Reed on loan. Good little player, needs football. Similar to Jack Price and probably an upgrade in all honesty.

Pete O'Rourke says we're in for Harrison Reed on loan. Good little player, needs football. Similar to Jack Price and probably an upgrade in all honesty.

Good little player but his hair will clash horribly with our shirt.

Not convinced by Reed. 11 minutes of competitive football last season and was only on the bench a few times.

I hope our new guys stay healthy. Saturday's midfield 3 made me vomit in my mouth when I got the alert. I can't deal with us starting 90% of the old regime on a weekly basis.

Not convinced by Reed. 11 minutes of competitive football last season and was only on the bench a few times.
Bags of competition last season though. Clasie, Wanyama, Davis, JWP, Romeu.

Saw that, but if he comes on loan will he get enough playing time?

Back