• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

There is feeling with certain football fans that if you don't buy on deadline day, then the club has failed. Regardless of what has happened in the previous months it all comes down to what you do on the final day. Sky's fault for making deadline day an event twice a year.

Given that six weeks ago we were heading for a whole season of Edwards, Saville, Price, Henry, Wallace, Mason as a front six, I'm absolutely ecstatic with our business.

Excellent giffing Langers.

I fully expect people to be moaning if we havent bought a striker for 8-10m.

IF we do any further spending I'd hope it's on a defender. Iorfa can't go on at centre half and an injury will see EEL back in contention who is already a level above his ability.

Silvio
Iorfa
Batth
Hause
Doherty
Borthwick-Jackson

With the exception of Batth the other five can cover at least two different positions across the back four. Deslandes and EEL in reserve, plus the incoming Saiss who can cover there.

Why have people started saying Iorfa is no good at centre back, on the basis of the past two games? Because before that and at the end of last season he looked pretty comfortable there.

Anyway - reckon we should make a loan bid for Wilshere? :D

Given that six weeks ago we were heading for a whole season of Edwards, Saville, Price, Henry, Wallace, Mason as a front six, I'm absolutely ecstatic with our business.

Me too. I still think more players will come in but we should be delighted with the business thus far.

Anyway - reckon we should make a loan bid for Wilshere? :D

In my most recent FM save with Wolves, loaning Wilshere for a season (and buying Milik) was the difference between fighting relegation in the PL and qualifying for Europe. So yeah, on that basis, a cheeky bid would be fine by me...

Me too. I still think more players will come in but we should be delighted with the business thus far.

I think, once Saiss is confirmed, we'll be in a great position for the rest of the season. The squad should be good enough to, at worst, keep pace with the top six. Then we can reinforce in Jan as needed. Anyone else who comes in over the next day and a half is just a bonus IMO.

I think, once Saiss is confirmed, we'll be in a great position for the rest of the season. The squad should be good enough to, at worst, keep pace with the top six. Then we can reinforce in Jan as needed. Anyone else who comes in over the next day and a half is just a bonus IMO.

Agree. Saiss sounds awesome by the way - looking forward to seeing him play.

We badly need a CB. Whether that's Saiss who gets used there I don't know.

We absolutely can't go on with just Batth/Hause/Iorfa/EEL at that position. It's nowhere near good enough for a top 6 push.

Just having a look at Saiss on Youtube, never heard of the guy before now.

How was this goal not ruled out for offside?!

We badly need a CB. Whether that's Saiss who gets used there I don't know.

We absolutely can't go on with just Batth/Hause/Iorfa/EEL at that position. It's nowhere near good enough for a top 6 push.

We don't badly need a CB at all, we have conceded a whole 4 goals in 5 games and against Reading and Ipswich the CB pairing were good.

Saints fan on Reed.

Decent player with potential but not yet premier league standard. Tends towards the "tenacious" midfielder role and has an incredible work ethic, but also a tendency to leave gaps with his positioning and makes rash challenges that can easily lead to bookings.

Personally think a season in the championship, if he plays most games, will do him the world of good. I'd love to think he'll progress and find a way into our side but on what i've seen i think he's probably a top of the Champ/bottom of the prem style player, as he just doesn't seem to have the technical intelligence (at the moment) to make it higher up the league.

That said though i'm sure his running will endear him to the fans, as he'll chase down everything and won't shy from challenges.

Sounds like an upgrade on Coady.

We haven't played anyone really decent yet to properly test our back line. The current set in the middle of defence aren't good enough. I can guarantee you that having seen enough if them last season and this.

Very exciting! I'm looking forward to the window closing and being able to sit down and look at our best 18 from the squad we will have. I'm not too worried about having excess players as in theory if they aren't good enough they just won't play. Also takes a lot of pressure off Dicko and Graham coming back from long term injuries

I think if we have Saiss in the bag any attacking players are a bonus now, I would still like to see a CB (working on the basis that Williamson is done) and a GK although I suspect its not a priority at the moment. Without any further signings I think we should be able to push top 10 maybe 6 so I am not too worried.

Once the squad has fully settled bearing in mind we still have Dicko & Graham to come back we should be banging them in, keeping them out could be a problem although if Silvio is fit and CBJ is playing we should have very solid full backs.

Back