• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

If there is nothing else coming in then he is better than EEL as an extra body for there, but hopefully it would only be a short term arrangement to get us through to Jan when further serious investment is made (though that probably depends on where we stand at that point)

Only on loan apparently, seems a decent stop gap until we can get someone truly impressive in (along the Boly, Luisao lines).

A couple of top class centre halves have turned us down in this window, signing Stears with a few days left does seem like a bit of a panic buy but at least we know what we're getting. He's way better than EEL and at least as good as Hause (who Zenga doesn't seem to rate).

Knowing what we're getting is the problem really. I had seven years of watching him which was quite enough thank you very much.

He is better than EEL, but EEL isn't that likely to play any part in the league any time soon. Upgrading our fourth choice centre half isn't the way to go, I want better than those currently in the first team and he is at absolute best on a par with them.

Tim II reckons Stears on loan and Ivan permanent signing.

I take it Ivan will break our record fee?

Completely baffled as to why we're taking Stearman back. Can only be a stop-gap until January?

Stearman? Really? Nah. As Deutsch said, he's no better than we've got. A no from me.

Cavaleiro - yes please. I'd be elated if we can get him.

Completely baffled as to why we're taking Stearman back. Can only be a stop-gap until January?
Main targets out of reach and going for someone who will be able to settle in quickly.

Wouldn't be my ideal signing but in footballing reasons we trust.

I cannot say I'm bouncing about Stears coming back, but he and Batth did by and large have decent partnership and as has been said already he's better than EEL and with the new rule around loans outside of the window isn't a terrible move

I like Stears we don't really have a footballing CB so on a short term loan makes sense. CBJ Stears Batth Silvio would be decent IMO.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Id welcome him back 100%. He has a level and this is it. Good singing although it be a last minute effort. I get it totally

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I cannot say I'm bouncing about Stears coming back, but he and Batth did by and large have decent partnership and as has been said already he's better than EEL and with the new rule around loans outside of the window isn't a terrible move

Well, EEL's just got a straight red so that's a point in Stears' favour...

Urgh, Stears? No thank you.

havent got any problem with Stear personally...just remember that step on the ball and diving into the grass

Stearman back?....really?
Dont see the point,i was feeling the start of something fresh and new.

Surprised by the level above apathy that everyone seems to have, people were annoyed when Stears left and now seem to be annoyed he may be coming back. He wouldn't be the first player to not work out somewhere and then bounce back. Would take a Little Lord Fonteroy - Batth - Stearman - Iofra coming back off the break.

if we were still bumbling along with KJ then yes it would be a decent idea, but we're now looking for better players to make a difference. Stears will always give 100% but still a mistake waiting to happen in his game.
Never go back.

Don't know why we would have him back, I liked him when he was here but lets face it he wasn't the most reliable CB in the world, made loads of mistakes positionally but was quick enough to get himself out of trouble a lot of the time, he was good enough for where we were when he left but surely we are looking for better now, I'm a bit pissed off that we haven't signed a decent CB so far, not long left now and personally don't think Iorfa/Hause/Batth are up to it yet, they might develop but quite a way off atm.

I wouldn't choose to have him back personally, all a bit odd. Surely we can find someone with experience who is available from the Prem squads?

Back