• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

The recruitment has been excellent, I would be delighted if nobody else comes in. Pre takeover I looked at our 1st team and thought we were around 5 players short of a promotion push. If 50% of our new signings are successful then I think we have what we need for a decent season. If 50% are flops it doesn't really matter, the majority could go back to their parent clubs without us losing out.

When (as it's looking more likely by the minute) Stearman signs, shall we just resurrect the old thread?

Wigan in for Byrne according to Timbo.

I'd rather have Stears than Hause or EEL so I'm happy enough.

Obviously the permanent signings they want are unattainable at the minute so I guess this is just a short term cover until we can buy them in January or next summer.

I'd rather have Stears than Hause or EEL so I'm happy enough.

Obviously the permanent signings they want are unattainable at the minute so I guess this is just a short term cover until we can buy them in January or next summer.

Hause is better than Stearman. He's probably on a par with EEL at the moment.

Stearman is considerably better than EEL. EEL is nowhere near Championship standard.

Hause is better than Stearman. He's probably on a par with EEL at the moment.
In my view the Stearman of a year ago is better than the Hause of now. I know he had a poor year at Fulham but doubt he's declined that much.

The whining twat was on about a proven championship goalscorer needed and had written off Gladon before he'd even seen him play in a Wolves shirt (although he claimed he'd seen him play in Holland).

These people are just morons.

Yup - The proven championship thing makes no sense to me. Players that had no proven championship goal scoring experience off the top of my head: Callum Wilson, Nhaki Wells, Afobe & Dicko, Ignahlo, Rhodes (when originally signed). Not saying every risk works out, but whats that saying along the lines 'you miss every shot you don't take'.

Will be another 20 strikers people can name too.

EEL is nowhere near good enough the sooner win bin him the better. I think Hause is potentially a lot better than Stearman but he is still learning his trade so if we are to push for promotion I would want Stears in over him at the moment. Come January if Williamson is still crocked I would like to see us look for a top experienced CB to get us over the finish line.

If we get Cav on a permanent it would represent the best transfer window I can remember as a Wolves fan (thats 30 years)

I had an argument with that bellend Danks last night on Twitter about this very subject. The whining twat was on about a proven championship goalscorer needed and had written off Gladon before he'd even seen him play in a Wolves shirt (although he claimed he'd seen him play in Holland).

There will always be an element of Wolves support who are always 2 signings away and never happy, this is despite us signing 11 players this window and 9 of those walk into our first team. I can't remember any club signing players like that, not even on promotion to the PL.

These people are just morons.
Agree with this I am baffled by some people's take on things. Considering how late the takeover was completed its been one hell of an achievement to get not only players but quality players on such short notice.

Worth bearing in mind that Fulham had some truly atrocious defenders on their books last season and a midfield chock full of players with no interest in helping out defensively.

Worth bearing in mind that Fulham had some truly atrocious defenders on their books last season and a midfield chock full of players with no interest in helping out defensively.

So they bought McDonald? Makes sense. :icon_lol:

Rumours on twitter in last 10 mins:

We've bid £12m for Gestede
We're going to re-sign Sako
Close to signing Asamoah Gyan

I think the majority of us would have expected/hoped for more more CB reinforcements in this window than Richard Stearman, especially when you consider we have made 11/12 signings.

Asamoah Gyan failed his Reading medical yesterday and is at least 8 weeks from passing one. So you can cross that off the list of nonsense.

Back