• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Apparently after Nick Pope. Charlton keeper.

Wolves, Peterborough and a few others have been showing interest in Leicester City left back Callum Elder.

It probably won't end up as disappointing (unless we got relegated, which I don't think we will) because as it stands I'm likely to enter it with zero expectations as opposed to some expectations that I had nine months ago. I couldn't give you a more cheery prognosis than that though.

I mean the manager might stop playing rubbish football, picking Edwards without fail and making a general mess of his selection every week, but I won't hold my breath.

Starting the new season in the same style as this season has dragged on could be significantly depressing. The apathy it has created amongst so many fans/supporters is astonishing.

Would you take him?

As a 2nd choice keeper he wouldn't be bad. I have only seen him a couple of times and he has looked steady in those games. Hardly a massive endorsement I know but as I say that is based on a couple of appearances I have seen.

We don't need a back up though, we need a new 1st team keeper. Pope isn't going to be that.

We don't need a back up though, we need a new 1st team keeper. Pope isn't going to be that.

Ikeme will be the Number 1.

You have to put your own personal judgement to one side - If KJ thought Ikeme wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have kept Martinez on the bench from January onwards, even if he we had no chance of signing him. Ikeme is a capable keeper, he like many others had a poor season though but he will be Number 1. You also have to take into consideration that as a club we have seemingly set the goal of "being better than relegation shit until we sell up". For that, Ikeme is fine and dandy.

Ikeme will be the Number 1.

You have to put your own personal judgement to one side - If KJ thought Ikeme wasn't good enough, he wouldn't have kept Martinez on the bench from January onwards, even if he was had no chance of signing him. Ikeme is a capable keeper, he like many others had a poor season though but he will be Number 1. You also have to take into consideration that as a club we have seemingly set the goal of "being better than relegation $#@! until we sell up". For that, Ikeme is fine and dandy.

Reading that made me sad :rage: :icon_neutral:

Fuck you and your common sense Kenny!!!

And fuck you and your lack of common sense to the other Kenny!!!

If it's the one who played for them at the Valley in December then he's shite.

Henderson played that one (he is shit)

Tommy Spurr released by Blackburn. Experienced Championship left back on the cheap, could easily see him ending up here.

Tommy Spurr released by Blackburn. Experienced Championship left back on the cheap, could easily see him ending up here.

Darlo is right: this has the potential to be a profoundly depressing thread

Darlo is right: this has the potential to be a profoundly depressing thread

Agree - if we are interested in players released from sides that were even worse than we were last season it shows the level of our ambition

Think I might just ignore anything that happens in the close season & just wake up in time to be put back to sleep at the start of the next one

I live in hope to log on and see those magic words " WWFC HAVE NEW OWNER"

Agree - if we are interested in players released from sides that were even worse than we were last season it shows the level of our ambition

Think I might just ignore anything that happens in the close season & just wake up in time to be put back to sleep at the start of the next one

Tbf, Rovers fans want him to stay. Blackburn just can't afford to keep him.

He's not great but he can defend comfortably at this level which is more than we can ask of Deslandes at this stage.

Back