• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

The one and only... Him and his ego...

Problem will be convince the guy to play the English second tier. He most likely still thinks he is Real Madrid material...

Think he looked fairly talented whilst he was at Southampton, didn't play all that much though in truth, but never really got overly involved, always sort of on the edges of the game and looked very lightweight.

If we can get Bjarnason and Mawson that'll do for me - surely can't expect those two plus a new striker? If we're able to fight off competition for B & M from Prem clubs then that'll be a real statement of intent from Fosun

We definitely need another striker though, much more urgently than another attacking midfielder like Bjarnason.

We seem to be being linked to Rhodes an awful lot on Twitter. Does this have any substance?

Think he looked fairly talented whilst he was at Southampton, didn't play all that much though in truth, but never really got overly involved, always sort of on the edges of the game and looked very lightweight.

He is talented. Dont get me wrong. Talented enough for PL top club level. However he is not as good as he thinks he is. I lost count to how many clubs he was sent to. It never worked out. His ego is bigger than his talent.

Speaking of striker... Benfica still has to find a club to Fonte (the younger brother of the CB) and most likely Jovic (FM players know this one)

:shakehand:

Seriously, though - he only has 3 or 4 caps. Why?

Happens with tons of african players. They just dont bother to go all the way there, catch a plane to lets say... Guinea and play in front of 500 people in a sand pitch with a tiny portion of grass.

He is talented. Dont get me wrong. Talented enough for PL top club level. However he is not as good as he thinks he is. I lost count to how many clubs he was sent to. It never worked out. His ego is bigger than his talent.

Speaking of striker... Benfica still has to find a club to Fonte (the younger brother of the CB) and most likely Jovic (FM players know this one)

Is Jovic the one that was banned for years?

Alfie Mawson would be a good signing and if we can beat of PL competition for him then we're doing well.

Incidentally, who is a better prospect (from players POV)...Wolves on way up or Sunderland battling relegation again?

Alfie Mawson would be a good signing and if we can beat of PL competition for him then we're doing well.

Incidentally, who is a better prospect (from players POV)...Wolves on way up or Sunderland battling relegation again?

Sunderland, of course. Premier League, only a few games into the season, and Moyes is a better bet than Zenga.

Sunderland look absolutely horrific.

Half of that squad have no business playing at that level and some of the actually talented players are absolute wasters.

The amount of compete and utter dross they've signed in recent years is astounding.

Sunderland *need* to get relegated. They're never stable and promising enough to attract the kind of talent that will move them up the table, so they're stuck in a destructive cycle of having to pay over the odds for dross. Moyes is a great manager for them but it's a big ask, it almost proved too much for Allardyce, and he's the best manager par none for getting shit teams to survive relegation battles in the top flight.

Villa were in a similar sort of position and are now getting the chance to clear out and start again that they've needed for about four years. Would bet money that their next finish in the top half of the PL will come sooner than Sunderland's.

Here is the list of Benfica players i promised i would do. All still dont have a club todos play this year.

Ruben Amorim - imo he will join wolves almost for sure. 32 years old CM and a a few caps. Very experienced and a top lad. Can be very important in any locker room.

Romário Baldé - young striker. Fast but very dumb. Will probably stay at B team.

Nelson Oliveira - well, you know the guy. Wrong attitude but has some talent. Could be useful in wolves for sure.

Bilal- arrived as the new wonderkid in the block. Dutch with morroccan parents. Then he arrived and met Taraabt... Well you can figure out how it went down from here. But he is a talented CAM or LW. With the right manager it could work.

Scholl - crap. Not even in League Two.

Gianni- Part of Mendes carousel. Crap. Cant get work permit for sure.

João Nunes - Good young CB. Lacks experience to be reliable at Championship level imo.

Guzzo - same generation as Teixeira. Plays as a CM. Has experience in portuguese first division so im sure he could do it well there. If the team lacks a CM, wolves has a good option here.

João Lima - not good enough.

Lolo -spanish striker, played in spanish second tier last year. Lacks killer instict. Bad option.

Vera - Mendes carousel striker. Enough said.

Jovic- he might stay in the first team has the 4th option since he is indeed a wonderkid. Strong striker for his age and will for sure be a top player.

Rui Fonte- younger brother of Southampton CB. A CF i would say, had a good season at Braga on loan. Scored a goal in the cup final against Porto. Braga won it. He will not score 30 goals a season but playing on 442 he can be very useful. I would say this guy does have good cchances of joining wolves... But its just a guess..

Cheers SLB.

Jovic sounds like a good option if we want a striker, as we wouldn't necessarily guarantee them games with Bodvarsson plus Dicko coming back.

Oliveira has been linked with Norwich now.

Loads of CMs too, which we absolutely do not need more of! (Well, Bjarnason would be nice if that rumour is true, but we really are fine in the middle of the pitch.)

It depends if you want Edwards, Saville or Evans anywhere near the team in the long run.

Which I don't.

Back