• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Loads of CMs too, which we absolutely do not need more of! (Well, Bjarnason would be nice if that rumour is true, but we really are fine in the middle of the pitch.)

We need better quality CMs for sure.

Luisao deal isn't happening, according to the gospel of Twitter.

It was supposedly €2m net, that's somewhere around £60k a week grossed up

The club have never uttered a word about Luisao and/or Talisca, I think that Mendes just used Wolves to advertise them, and Fosun didn't mind/were in on it as they want to help Mendes, as helping him helps Wolves and obviously they also have that investment in his company.

Bjarnason would be one of the best players in the league if he came here. Really hope that's true.

FL92 know as much as my Springer Spaniel does when it comes to Football transfers

Saiss has agreed a four-year deal and will cost £3.4m according to HITC.

Guys it wasnt the salary... Luisao has been in Portugal for 13 years. Kids were born here. What ive heard is that luisao Will only leave to Cruzeiro, his first club. The man is 35 years old, on his last year of contract. He may just sit back and enjoy the views until June.

Site note: Oliveira is indeed close to Norwich.

Guys it wasnt the salary... Luisao has been in Portugal for 13 years. Kids were born here. What ive heard is that luisao Will only leave to Cruzeiro, his first club. The man is 35 years old, on his last year of contract. He may just sit back and enjoy the views until June.

Site note: Oliveira is indeed close to Norwich.

Cheers, SLB. Always thought that was a possibility.

What are your thoughts on Willy Boly? There are rumours that we've had a £6M bid accepted but he's turned us down.

Cheers, SLB. Always thought that was a possibility.

What are your thoughts on Willy Boly? There are rumours that we've had a £6M bid accepted but he's turned us down.

What I read on this earlier also said he turned Porto down this summer too!

Boly was indeed linked to Porto earlier this transfer window. He is a very strong CB a bit too tough style for my taste. He would have to calm down his horses in England or a ton of red cards would come his way. He comes from a great football academy (Auxerre) and you can tell by his positioning and how predicts moves that there is football pedigree there. However Braga is asking for tons of money for their players this summer. He wont go cheap. I think that was the real reason for Porto to give up on him. He would never turn down an offer from them.

Braga will also have european football this year so im not sure he would trade that for the Championship...

It was supposedly €2m net, that's somewhere around £60k a week grossed up

If it was net then I'm not surprised - though also not surprised that it was never really on anyway

The fact that we are being lnked with players at this level rather than the usual lg 1/2 players is an improvement on previous years

Twitter's best suggestion this morning is that we are trying to sign a Mr B Afobe on loan...

Reading Twitter - bloody hell some fans are incredibly impatient regarding transfer news.

According to a Dutch newspaper Paul Gladon has travelled to England to sign for a Championship club.

Back