• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Twitter's best suggestion this morning is that we are trying to sign a Mr B Afobe on loan...

Regardless of the baselessness of this rumour he wouldn't displace Bod and that's who he'd be up against. I think we need a forward but I'd be looking for a player that can lead the line a la Dicko and Bod rather than 'an off the main striker' type player.

The Bod's record wasn't much better previously. I'd be more than happy if he's as useful as him!

Regardless of the baselessness of this rumour he wouldn't displace Bod and that's who he'd be up against. I think we need a forward but I'd be looking for a player that can lead the line a la Dicko and Bod rather than 'an off the main striker' type player.

I'd jump at the chance of Afobe and bod to be honest, Afobe was prolific before KJ tried to turn him into a number 10, he'd score hat fulls next to bod helping him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 in 21 #prolific

2 goals in 21 games.

#prolific

chuckle_brothers.gif

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Where do you guys get these gifs from? machin had a great gif yesterday, and Deutsch had a good gif a few days ago too.

Where do you guys get these gifs from? machin had a great gif yesterday, and Deutsch had a good gif a few days ago too.

Deutsch's Disney gif from a few days back is the best one I have ever seen.

The Bod's record wasn't much better previously. I'd be more than happy if he's as useful as him!

He got 9 in 28 for Viking in his last season there and only played for K'lauten 5 times in his short spell there.

wheres that come from? Transfermarket and wiki show loads more. (Wiki's is clearly edited, but transfermarket is showing 3 in 5 this season alone)

Presumably the same place as Johnny, as we both typed it within a few seconds of each other! I just popped his name in to the ever reliable Wiki. Saying that, it seems to have been edited since to say he has 24 goals in 21 appearances!

So Soccerbase is usually a reliable source.

According to that, last season, he scored 4 goals in 24 games (going 12 games without a goal at the start of the season).

This season, so far, he has scored 2 goals in 3 games (both in the same game).

So of course, you can't judge a player on that and that only, but considering the level of the Eredivisie, it doesn't exactly get the juices flowing.

Back