• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Although Paul Bosvelt and Paul Verhaegh have both played for the national team this century. Must be a footballer's name.

Yeah I remember Bosvelt now you've mentioned him. Maybe it was similar to Robert Lewandowski parents who gave him a name a first for commentators to pronounce easily according to what they said at the euros. (the commentators, not his parents...)

A text from my Dutch nephew.

Wolves sign Gladon from Hercules!!!!!! A worthless player who is not good enough to play for Tamworth.

Obviously he either doesn't rate him highly or he must have run off with his Mrs or something. He was fairly accurate with his assessment of RVLP when he signed.

My Dutch mate has just said this would be a very strange signing for us. "As unrated as they come in Eredivisie" he said. I mean we don't agree on everything with football is what I'll hold onto I think.

Are we being fobbed off with a Mendes client or is he nothing to do with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a similar rating from my Dutch friend. "Never heard of him. Oh wait, that guy? Shite.". Pressed further he said he was "all elbows and knees".

Hopefully we've seen something in him and he turns out to be a bit of a gem. Can't imagine he'd cost too much, allows us to fork out more on Bjarnason (please?).

Yeah he said he's played 5 years in the Dutch second division until his year with Heracles last year. I've been to a few Dutch second division games, alarming level of football. Hopefully this isn't true, we've seen quite a few foreign players linked from local press that haven't materialised. If not then just have to give the lad a chance.

I want to give the guy a chance, but this is feeling a bit Eggert Jonsson Mark II right now.

Are we being fobbed off with a Mendes client or is he nothing to do with him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are safe on this one. Wasserman is one of Gestifute biggest rivals.

No Mendes hand here.

Off topic: Guess who is visiting Lisbon to play against us in the Champions Group stage? :icon_lol:

According to Wiki he was born in Hoofddorp. Definitely a KJ target...

As I said when his name was mentioned for the first time earlier today, possibly the first uninspiring player to be rumoured as a target. On paper, he looks bang average. Harsh to judge the lad when I've never seen him play, but going on all the facts, surely we can do better?

As I said when his name was mentioned for the first time earlier today, possibly the first uninspiring player to be rumoured as a target.

ed925d06eb27c05756a1184255f6e78c_crop_north.jpg

Oh hai.

Judging on Wiki records is very dodgy ground, you'd think people would learn after crucifying Zenga before he'd even given a press conference or writing Bodvarsson off because he didn't score many for a dreadful Kaiserslautern team. He might not be any good but just looking at a list of numbers with no context or other information and making a definitive judgement is nonsense really.

Has our scouting team not earned enough credit from Bod/Tex/the others to be given a chance without being torn apart? Let's just wait till we see the poor lad play.

Back