• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Benfica's president had to have a good reason to come to the Rotherham match - we all assumed it was for Talisca, but Luisao..

Benfica did tell Luisao that they wouldn't be renewing his contract which expires at the end of this season so any fee would be nominal.

Perhaps we will sign Talisca and Luisao in the same day, if it happens I may spontaneously combust.

Luisao would be the first Brazilian to play for Wolves wouldn't he? Unless he comes over all Williamson.

I read the 'over and all' the wrong way round then. And got a bit weirded out.

Luisao would be the first Brazilian to play for Wolves wouldn't he? Unless he comes over all Williamson.

Just been looking at some videos of Bjarnason, he's bagged 10+ goals in both his last two seasons and appears to be quite high up the pitch for majority of them so could well be someone to fit into the front three rather than midfield three, seems to have played mainly from the left at Pescara but then from the right now at Basel. I suppose he could push Texeira back to a deeper position if he signed, he supposedly had more experience playing a deeper role I think?

Missed a lot of last season but I think it was a broken arm so not a massive worry.

Bjarnason certainly looks like he can play in a number of positions. I think The Bear is right though, it'll look something like this if he does sign.

Oniangue Evans Bjarnason

Dicko Bodvarsson Teixeira

Cp94E-hWYAAY74g.jpg:large

Goo on Jeff. Make it happen.

------------------Ikeme

Silvio-------Iorfa----Luisao---------Buttner

----------------Oniangue

---------Talisca-------------Evans

-Teixeira---------Bodvarsson--------Helder

Holy fucking shit...

------------------Ikeme

----------------Oniangue

---------Talisca-------------Evans

Holy fucking shit...
Dear god! I think that would surpass any expectations I could have had in my wildest dreams before the start of the season.

Chuck Bjarnasson in for Evans as well, just for shits and giggles.

This is fucking insane.

Would love us to sign Bjarnason.

Think Luisao rumour sounds like a load of nonsense. To me being linked with him and Talisca is possibly to just show that these are the level of players we are looking at and thy we mean business. Benfica link makes it plausible but don't think we will actually sign them.

Bjarnason was really impressive at the Euros. He'd be a great signing.

Oniangue, Tex and Bjarnason as a midfield three. Yes please.

------------------Ikeme

----------------Oniangue

---------Talisca-------------Bjarnasson

Holy fucking shit...

Chuck Bjarnasson in for Evans as well, just for shits and giggles.

This is fucking insane.
I did. Then I spaffed everywhere.

But in all seriousness, the Buttner rumour seems to have gone quiet. Talisca? Who knows. I'd be delighted with another three players.

If you want to convince Tex and Helder to commit beyond their current loan deals, then signing their current captain might just do it. Two year deal on big wages Luisao might just be doable. If it was to happen I would be utterly ecstatic.

Missed a lot of last season but I think it was a broken arm so not a massive worry.

Bjarnason certainly looks like he can play in a number of positions. I think The Bear is right though, it'll look something like this if he does sign.

Oniangue Evans Bjarnason

Dicko Bodvarsson Teixeira

I could see Bjarnason and Texeira the other way around.

A lot of the former's goals on youtube have him making runs into the box, often at the back post as play develops down the other side, so having him wide in a 3 seems a good position for him to continue that habit, also with Texeira's quality on the ball having him deeper where he can perhaps have more of a controlling influence on the game could be useful.

If you want to convince Tex and Helder to commit beyond their current loan deals, then signing their current captain might just do it. Two year deal on big wages Luisao might just be doable. If it was to happen I would be utterly ecstatic.

You'd need to convince their club to extend their stay too, who knows what Benfica's long term plan is for those players.

Signing Luisao would free up Hause to compete with Doherty to play LB, too.

I like all these signings but there's still that silly, nagging part of me that's tugging at my sleeve and asking "so what about all these young players we've got who could be Premier League quality in a couple of season's time, and who need first-team experience or else they'll stall?"

It's like... John Terry's a piece of shit, but he's Chelsea's piece of shit, and even though they spent millions to establish themselves as a top team, they had figures like him in as well. I'd love it most if, five years from now, a Wolves team of Galacticos captained by Iorfa wins (for example) the FA Cup.

Just realised you left Dicko out of your starting 11 too!

Alex Richards ‏@AA_Richards · 34m34 minutes ago

Luisao has had a terrific career. But a big-money 2-year deal, for a 35-year-old centre-half who played 9 games last season? #WWFC 1/2

Basically, it's a deal you get with Mendes and (supposing it does happen) it stinks. A trade off. #WWFC 2/2

Booooooo Richards out.

The Bjarnesson link is out of the blue and could well be another Bod. The Luisao and Talisca links are looking increasingly like Mendes PR machine generating interest in his clients so they can get a move/ new contract. I don't mind the links personally but take them all with a mine full of salt

Alex Richards ‏@AA_Richards · 34m34 minutes ago

Luisao has had a terrific career. But a big-money 2-year deal, for a 35-year-old centre-half who played 9 games last season? #WWFC 1/2

Basically, it's a deal you get with Mendes and (supposing it does happen) it stinks. A trade off. #WWFC 2/2

Booooooo Richards out.

Who is Alex Richards and why is he such a bitter?

Back