• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Interesting that Price will wear #20 - don't we still have #15 free and isn't that supposed to be Talisca's lucky number. Or is it the number of medicals he's had...

Tottenham+Hotspur+v+Wigan+Athletic+Premier+DyaAgSIQjNPm.jpg

Interesting that we've still spent less this summer than we did last time, if the rumoured fees are to be believed - Bodvarsson for £1m, Oniangue for £2m, the rest loans and free transfers.

Just goes to show what a bigger wage bill and better contacts can get you before you even start splashing the cash. (I have a hunch Bod and Prince were Thelwell recommendations, based on nothing more than they fit the profile type he tends to go for.)

I think if Talisca was coming it would have been done by now. That said our signings so far have been very good bearing in mind we are yet to see Silvio. With prince added to the mix and maybe a couple of others and a returning Dicko we are starting to look like a squad that is capable of pushing for promotion.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Interesting that we've still spent less this summer than we did last time, if the rumoured fees are to be believed - Bodvarsson for £1m, Oniangue for £2m, the rest loans and free transfers.

Just goes to show what a bigger wage bill and better contacts can get you before you even start splashing the cash. (I have a hunch Bod and Prince were Thelwell recommendations, based on nothing more than they fit the profile type he tends to go for.)

I think that's a fair assessment, undoubtedly a bigger wage bill and shows how foolish a rigid wage structure is.

I think if Talisca was coming it would have been done by now.

Impossible to know this either way. Additionally, if he wasn't coming here, would there not have been other rumours from Portugal suggesting other destinations? He's not training with the first team at Benfica so it would appear that he's not going to play for them any time soon.

I've only heard rumours that he's coming here.

I don't know how these things work in Portugal but based on British TV, if a transfer is mentioned as definite then it pretty much is.
It's very different to Twitter(!!) and even radio.

Impossible to know this either way. Additionally, if he wasn't coming here, would there not have been other rumours from Portugal suggesting other destinations? He's not training with the first team at Benfica so it would appear that he's not going to play for them any time soon.

I think a lot of the media reports are dodgy to say the least, I really hope he is coming but I am starting to have doubts. Forgetting work permits etc... Has he been to our training ground yet? Considering every man and his dog had been camped outside perhaps not (apart from the rather large Icelandic striker we seem to have missed, but I think I know why that is)

A signing of this type would be epic, but the whole 48 hour thing is tiresome to say the least.

Lets hope for some news tomorrow.

I just think it's his new kid. Makes sense to give the guy a week or two to sort his life out before he moves his whole family to a new country - we've no doubt offered him an exceptionally generous package to entice him to drop down a division, so you'd expect us to say: "You'll come if we let you have some time off to be with your baby? Of course! Take as much of August as you need!"

All these reports fit the standard of proof that had me accepting there was truth to the takeover rumours, so I see no reason to dismiss them now.

Are we ever going to see an end to the impatience thing? All summer we've had people complaining that the takeover, Costa/Silvio, Prince, Talisca etc are taking too long. Clearly some deals (Bod) are simpler than others and get wrapped up quickly, others can drag on a bit. The people who own our club now make things happen. If they want further areas of the squad improving then we will get the players in, don't worry about that.

I also think the new baby must have delayed things somewhat but DW is right. If this deal doesn't happen, there'll still be other deals that will.

From my favoured translate device....
According to sources in Switzerland has Fótbolti.net English League Two 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers inquiry to Basel on the potential acquisition of midfielder Birch Bjarnason.
Scouts watched company Birch scored one goal in Basel's 3-1 win over against Young Boys in the Swiss League last Wednesday and will Walter Zenga, newly appointed manager of Wolves, have a high opinion midfielder Knaan.
Wolves to big things in the coming years the new Chinese owners aim for Premier League place within a year and the company has already invested in several players. Since ries Jon Daði Böðvarsson, who joined the club from Kaiserslautern in Germany.
Birkir did a great job with the Icelandic national team for the European Championships in the summer and numerous team served Viura him in recent weeks, including Roma and Borussia Mönchengladbach.

The attacking replacement for Dave Edwards...

League Two 1?

It's Google Translate. You get about as much sense out of it as you would if you asked a deep fat fryer about macroeconomics.

Edwards isn't playing an attacking role at all at the moment btw. Hasn't done for pretty much all of 2016. If he played in this position for an entire season I reckon he'd have comfortably fewer than ten shots.

No doubt, I just wanted to highlight that particularly egregious error.

Back