• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Sure, but I don't think he's played there any more than a handful of times in the last 3-4 years. Michael Carrick can play at the back but he's a midfielder. If we wanted a centre half (we might do for all I know, although Iorfa was very good on Saturday) then we'd just buy one surely rather than buying a midfielder and playing him in what is very much his secondary position.

This guy will be coming to play defensive midfield. That is his position and that's a position we already know Wolves wanted a player in after we already confirmed we tried to get Pele from Benfica.

Sure, but I don't think he's played there any more than a handful of times in the last 3-4 years. Michael Carrick can play at the back but he's a midfielder. If we wanted a centre half (we might do for all I know, although Iorfa was very good on Saturday) then we'd just buy one surely rather than buying a midfielder and playing him in what is very much his secondary position.

Oh I agree with you mate, but I was just saying that's probably where it came from. :)

He is Campbell's agent, but that's no guarantee that Campbell is who we're interested in.

I don't know any of the players that the other agent represents.

Been linked with Campbell for a few weeks now and he wasn't in Arsenal's match day squad yesterday. Citing times.

The agent's photo of Prince was tweeted at 6.22am, so that would assume the photo was taken the day before. Prince is now probably back in France packing his stuff (for Lisbon).
The fact there's a massive Nikon camera in the background of the photo suggests the promo photos have probably all been done and dusted.

Whatever we get will be better than what we have already if the signings made so far are anything to go by - so all is good

This guy will be coming to play defensive midfield. That is his position and that's a position we already know Wolves wanted a player in after we already confirmed we tried to get Pele from Benfica.
Sounds a bit like an Essien type player. Could play centre half but it'd be a total waste of his attributes.

just hope Dicko is given his chance as he's been one of our best players in recent seasons. would hate to see him binned out on loan

just hope Dicko is given his chance as he's been one of our best players in recent seasons. would hate to see him binned out on loan

As long as he can come back with the same quality as he has shown before then no reason that we would want to loan him out - has shown that he can do it at this level.

Won't know whether he can till he tries in the first team though

BOD, Dicko, Mason, a n other is a good strike force for this level. No chance of us loaning a frontline forward out as we can't recall them

Assuming he comes back anywhere near his best then he'll go straight into the team. Even if we stuck with the shape we set up with on Saturday he could play where Mason did and he'd be way better at it. There are very few strikers in this league that I'd swap for a fit and firing Dicko.

Agreed. Under KJ we were a completely different team without Dicko. He had he been fit in the run of games in 14/15 where we lost five on the bounce we may have been promoted that season. With the way Zenga wants us to play I think he will fit right in.

Difficult injury to come back from. He may need a few weeks off the bench to start with. The good thing is with the new owners we are no longer having to put all our eggs in one basket. I don't believe for a minute we have finished our purchases this window.

Difficult injury to come back from. He may need a few weeks off the bench to start with. The good thing is with the new owners we are no longer having to put all our eggs in one basket. I don't believe for a minute we have finished our purchases this window.
He may get some game time vs Cambridge. Don't think we will see him in the league until Burton at least.

Interesting that Prince will wear #20 - don't we still have #15 free and isn't that supposed to be Talisca's lucky number. Or is it the number of medicals he's had...

Back