• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Sorry guys, Talisca or Beckham or Messi, i want new players of course but i do not want us paying 20 mill at this stage of the takeover for anyone.

If the Talisca deal falls through, ( at 20 mill) i will have a cypro for all of you, and of course, one or two for meeeeeeeee!

This is silly money for basically a silly player, not for me.

Sorry guys, Talisca or Beckham or Messi, i want new players of course but i do not want us paying 20 mill at this stage of the takeover for anyone.

If the Talisca deal falls through, ( at 20 mill) i will have a cypro for all of you, and of course, one or two for meeeeeeeee!

I don't understand this point of view. 1 - it's not our money and 2 - these guys are fucking loaded. I want to see us build the best squad we can to compete as quickly as possible and if that means spending a sum that high, so be it. It's exciting.

I don't understand this point of view. 1 - it's not our money and 2 - these guys are $#@!ing loaded. I want to see us build the best squad we can to compete as quickly as possible and if that means spending a sum that high, so be it. It's exciting.

Absolutely bang on Langers spend spend spend

For Fosun it is loose change though with the likelihood that they will at least get their money back if they sell or more if Wolves are promoted. For them, it hardly registers as a risk. They will probably invest much more in their pharma industries in the hope that the investment turns into profit and the risks would be much greater.

I want the best possible team in the shortest amount of time. I don't think that is too much to ask when it isn't my money.

Yes langers i agree, except i can't rule out the idea the Talisca is a signing in order to get him to Liverpool or another prem side next season.

I love the chinese takeover, hate the mendes association, what can i say, i want wolves to be buying players they want and need, not acting as a broker or agent.

20 kmill in the chumps is still silly when we need such a host of basic players.

and of course it's our money, are fosun looking to buy shares in liverpool?

Yes langers i agree, except i can't rule out the idea the Talisca is a signing in order to get him to Liverpool or another prem side next season.

I love the chinese takeover, hate the mendes association, what can i say, i want wolves to be buying players they want and need, not acting as a broker or agent.

20 kmill in the chumps is still silly when we need such a host of basic players.

and of course it's our money, are fosun looking to buy shares in liverpool?

The Mendes link is a positive one. Again, I fail to see the downside to being linked with his clients, and with players who play for top clubs across Europe.

So Pavlos are you saying that if Talisca was available at 8 or 9m that he would be more acceptable?

Indeed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near here. Not that there's anything in that story anyway.

I think that's probably very likely.

My concern is that he turns out to be a dud and we make a loss on the deal, but I guess Mendez knows what a quality player looks like and he isn't going to help relieve Fosun of 20m this early in the deal unless he's pretty sure that Talisca's going to deliver on the hefty price tag.

Anyway, as already stated, Fosun are minted, so spend, spend, spend!

So Pavlos are you saying that if Talisca was available at 8 or 9m that he would be more acceptable?

well i know sweet Fa about Talisca apart from You tube videos et al, but i kinda like what i see.

I am just a bit non plussed by the idea we are billionaires and can spunk money wherever we want to, as i think these chinese guys are no dummies.

I am totally uncomfortable with the mendes link and the idea we might become a premier league nursery for Benfica.

we are wolves and if Fosun bought us because of that, i would like to see a bit more, just wolves thinking in the transfer market as opposed to splash the cash to make a point.
8 or 9 mill would not be the extravagance that 20 mill certainly will be.

well i know sweet Fa about Talisca apart from You tube videos et al, but i kinda like what i see.

I am just a bit non plussed by the idea we are billionaires and can spunk money wherever we want to, as i think these chinese guys are no dummies.

I am totally uncomfortable with the mendes link and the idea we might become a premier league nursery for Benfica.

we are wolves and if Fosun bought us because of that, i would like to see a bit more, just wolves thinking in the transfer market as opposed to splash the cash to make a point.

I would agree with you if we were in the Prem Pav but we're not so I don't see what the issue is for now. If we can get Benfica players to us for silly money to get us out of this division and into the PL where we end our first season middle of the table wouldn't you take that?

I think that's probably very likely.

My concern is that he turns out to be a dud and we make a loss on the deal, but I guess Mendez knows what a quality player looks like and he isn't going to help relieve Fosun of 20m this early in the deal unless he's pretty sure that Talisca's going to deliver on the hefty price tag.

Anyway, as already stated, Fosun are minted, so spend, spend, spend!

I remember the spend spend , spend pools winner, and that , frankly turned out very badly indeed. I want Fosun to have brains as well as billions.

The prices being quoted for Talisca have varied from 15m Euro to £25m...No one knows what the price is...
So he signs for does well and moves to Liverpool, we get our cash back minimum OR
He signs for us, we get promoted, Liverpool lose interest and we have a quality player OR
He signs for us, has a first season like Sako did so stays and then develops into a really good player and we get more than we paid or he stays.

Win, win for me

I understand your feelings as it's all a bit surreal. As long as we don't miss non-Mendes transfers because Fosun rely on him too much then I'm not too bothered.

Back