• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

So in the coming weeks we could have Buttner, Prince, Saiss, Talisca and Martin. Bit of an upgrade to what we have right now.

Glass half full please Pav ;)

Mine normally is, but there is something about this particular transfer that doesn't quite sit nice, and never has done from the start of proceedings. It seems like more enthusiasm and pushing from Mendes than from the player himself.

I'd love Buttner here but can't help shake the feeling the 'big club in the Championship' is Newcastle, they're after a left back.

I'd love Buttner here but can't help shake the feeling the 'big club in the Championship' is Newcastle, they're after a left back.

They're signing Galloway I think.

They're signing Galloway I think.

That's on hold apparently while the Kone deal is held up. Don't see how Galloway matters to a centre back deal, especially when they have Baines and Oviedo at left back as well. Can't remember where I read it to be honest.

Talking about crap full backs like Buttner Middlesbrough signed Fabio from Cardiff today.

I get the feeling some people would only be happy if we signed Ronaldo and Messi! Buttner is far better than any current left back option. In fact EVERY player we have been linked with improves our current squad. And all this is being done without fuss from the owners or comment about finances! I know we can be a fickle bunch as wolves fans but the last 3 weeks has shown that some fans are only happy when they're moaning. The last time I was this happy about the future was when we signed Emlyn Hughes and Andy Gray. That's 36 plus years ago! It gid go downhill then but I don't think it will this time. Honestly believe there has not been a better time to be a wolves fan in my lifetime than the next five years. It really should be embraced as the start of something very very special. Let's hope

You're right. It's a great time to be a Wolves fan. The next five years will be the best for more than thirty years ... apart from the excitement of Bully.

I don't believe that Fosun will throw money at the club. Without a doubt, they will invest much, much more than the previous owner but Wolves is an investment for them. I suspect that Kevin Thelwell and Walter Zenga are going to have to show results once the initial investment in players are made. If the club does well, Fosun will undoubtedly invest more.

I'd be happy if they do spend a lot this summer though.

I get the feeling some people would only be happy if we signed Ronaldo and Messi! Buttner is far better than any current left back option. In fact EVERY player we have been linked with improves our current squad. And all this is being done without fuss from the owners or comment about finances! I know we can be a fickle bunch as wolves fans but the last 3 weeks has shown that some fans are only happy when they're moaning. The last time I was this happy about the future was when we signed Emlyn Hughes and Andy Gray. That's 36 plus years ago! It gid go downhill then but I don't think it will this time. Honestly believe there has not been a better time to be a wolves fan in my lifetime than the next five years. It really should be embraced as the start of something very very special. Let's hope

Football fans will moan about anything. Check out Leicester's forum, they're all arguing with each other about what their aims should be for this season. Some of them are properly doom and gloom.

A lot of fans seem to be getting uneasy because there are currently a lot of links but no new signings. Personally I think this is a good thing, Walter has only been here 12 days, I would rather he take his time to assess the squad and get the players he feels he needs late in the window rather than just sign a load of players now that he doesn't want. We will never know for sure but it felt like Kenny Jackett had players forced on him that were identified by Thelwell, that is never a good thing in my eyes.

Buttner and Silvio at fullback would be good enough for the Prem I am surprised a few people don't want him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anyone say they wouldn't want Buttner? I certainly would.

Prince Oniangue has instagrammed a couple of pics from Compton, this looks to be definitely happening. My guess is he'll be at the game today and be announced afterwards.

Brilliant news looks like a good signing. Could be our next Seyi! 😉

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Prince Oniangue has instagrammed a couple of pics from Compton, this looks to be definitely happening. My guess is he'll be at the game today and be announced afterwards.
Panicked for a moment when I saw a photo of a bloke in his 50s. But turned out he's the agent!

He has. One of his agent and one of one of the many training pitches saying "I love this game, Wolverhampton Wanderers".

Good news! Looks like a player who will improve us and has been looked at by a few prem clubs.

Back