• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

The prices being quoted for Talisca have varied from 15m Euro to £25m...No one knows what the price is...
So he signs for does well and moves to Liverpool, we get our cash back minimum OR
He signs for us, we get promoted, Liverpool lose interest and we have a quality player OR
He signs for us, has a first season like Sako did so stays and then develops into a really good player and we get more than we paid or he stays.

Win, win for me
There's no alternative where he just fails?

Not surprised they're trying to sign a new back 4. They were a disgrace against Luton the other night.

we really should do the same as our back four is on the same horrible level

If he fails here against what would be, for the most part, far inferior opposition (you'd think) then he'll probably fail at most clubs. It looks like the recruitment drive is getting serious so it's not like he would be able to blame teammates at the level of Doherty, Coady and Edwards and the like.

Push comes to shove he'll be in and around our first team for years or we sell him at a loss. I don't think that will happen though.

Just seen mention of a possibility of Alexander Buttner as well on the dark side.

This is insane. Nobody has a fucking clue and every name under the sun is being linked to us.

Is it just me that thinks fosun were looking at buying a football club,knew nothing about the ins and outs of football,so bought into the leading football agents company to get advice about football,and as a quick Inroute into the game,once they've got backroom and boardroom staff in with a bit of bit more knowledge about the games ins and outs,Mendez will be relied on a bit less. That's my view on it anyway

Fucking hell Buttner, I'd forgotten all about him. Where's he playing now?

Is it just me that thinks fosun were looking at buying a football club,knew nothing about the ins and outs of football,so bought into the leading football agents company to get advice about football,and as a quick Inroute into the game,once they've got backroom and boardroom staff in with a bit of bit more knowledge about the games ins and outs,Mendez will be relied on a bit less. That's my view on it anyway

Yes - I think that is almost exactly how it may end up playing out. However, we may see (if it is successful) a continuing relationship with Mendez that could be of mutual benefit as well.

http://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=285654

"The interest from England is concrete . I can not mention the name of the club, but it is a big club from the Championship. It's only waiting for an agreement between the clubs ," agent Aleksandar Bursac said to Voetbal International .
Büttner was previously mentioned at Besiktas, Fenerbahce , Galatasaray, West Ham United , Wolverhampton Wanderers and Standard Liege , but seems to end up in England. He Dynamo have a contract until 2017 , but may leave . He came to 32 matches in the service of the Russians and the last season was already leased to Anderlecht
Read more on www.voetbalzone.nl

Would I take him as a left back? Yes I would.

Never a Man Utd player but should be quality at this level. And by God do we need a left back.

The prices being quoted for Talisca have varied from 15m Euro to £25m...No one knows what the price is...
So he signs for does well and moves to Liverpool, we get our cash back minimum OR
He signs for us, we get promoted, Liverpool lose interest and we have a quality player OR
He signs for us, has a first season like Sako did so stays and then develops into a really good player and we get more than we paid or he stays.

Win, win for me

Or he signs for us, gets frustrated and stinks, or gets injured for the best part of a season...................

Back