• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Hause has played 42 games at this level now, he isn't some callow kid who needs to go elsewhere to get experience, he knows what the Championship is about. Loaning him out would make zero sense especially as my understanding is you won't be able to recall a player if you send them out now. If he went out then he'd be gone until January or right until the end of the season.

Also as Lycan says EEL is the centre half who needs to go if we really do feel we have surplus resources there (surely only applies if we're going to use Iorfa primarily in the middle....in which case either Odoffin is close to being part of the first team squad or we're going to buy full backs on both sides), we might get £100k from a L1 club for him. He isn't going to make it at this level.

I will dig a little deeper I dismissed it as soon as it was said however the tweet combined with the madness of Kenny Jackett has me worried. It's from a Wycombe fan I do some work with I would take as a pinch of salt for now I'm sure there will be many rumours!!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

That would be a fucking bonkers decision, but then nothing surprises me anymore with the current boons in charge of the first team squad and recruitment.

Kind of stinks of one of those made up rumours that picks up speed and soon becomes FACKT (not having a go at Siggy for posting what he heard)

Literally no chance he will go out on loan......unless its back to us after being sold to a Prem team

QPR not offering Ale Faurlin a new deal. I'd be interested in him providing his fitness was up to the mark.
Really like him as an inner midfielder..dont know his status

Good player. However, his QPR contract would have been a fat fucker by our standards so he would need to be prepared to cut his cloth accordingly. Assuming that he was willing to do so, and was fully match-fit come the first day of the season (no reason why he can't be) I think he would be an outstanding signing.

The only club I could see Hause on loan at next year is us if we sell him to a Prem team and having him back for a season is part of the deal

Good player. However, his QPR contract would have been a fat $#@!er by our standards so he would need to be prepared to cut his cloth accordingly. Assuming that he was willing to do so, and was fully match-fit come the first day of the season (no reason why he can't be) I think he would be an outstanding signing.

I was under the impression he had been one of the many huge underperformers at QPR over the past four years?

No way, their fans love him.

keep the squad we have and add 4 big loan signings and pay the wages! Just a get a real James Henry. a real K mc. a real goalkeeper. and a real strike partner for Dicko play 442 at home at least. (throw away the junior book of modern football tactics) just a long day at work and 4th can of lager time thought... lol I expect holes in my plan

I don't think we could afford his wages. Good player though.

I struggle with whether we can afford to do something or choose to be a bit tight. Given the last 2 years I reckon we are a bit tight and wont break any wage threshold. That will rule this type of player( Faurlin) out. That is a shame. I really want a new owner to come in asap as I think that could boost the tranfer kitty and opportunities as well as lead to a manager change. If these dont happen I fear at best a season of mediocrity looms.

A fit Faurlin is one of the best there is at this level.

As for Hause, that had me worried too. Batth stealing a living, Hause an U21 international Ffs

We've definitely bid for Cummings according to a friend who works for Dundee United. Hibs leaving it on the table until they know what division they'll be in next season.

Not happy about that if true. He's nothing special at all, lightweight, inconsistent finisher, completely one footed and not a team player. He's an off brand Leigh Griffiths with better hair and fewer children.

I think Faurlin is a very good innermidfielder..would be a step up for us but, fitnesswise i dont know where he is..

My recruitment ideas would be

Central Defender - (If we want one) Mariappa or Liam Moore (loan)

Left Back- Rico Henry ( If not promoted Or Dean Moxey or Chilwell (loan)
Goalkeeper - Bentley or Gilks ( Burnley)

Left Wing - Jamies Paterson or Harry Bunn or Gudmundsson ( Charlton) or if we cannot afford anything better Helan

Striker - Lee Gregory & David Nugent

Midflielder ( if some leave as we already have loads) Dack - Forshaw - Matty James (if fit)

Those are the kind of players we should be signing but no doubt we wont sign any of the except Helan

But if we have a new owner then ............

I'd be up for the Nuge coming here, Boro will probably look to move him on this summer. He's going to be on big money though.

I am not opposed to any of the players Wolfman mentioned. I'd maybe add Bree to the list of fullbacks and Tom Carrol/Harry Winks/Emerson Hyndman to the list of mids.

I am not opposed to any of the players Wolfman mentioned. I'd maybe add Bree to the list of fullbacks and Tom Carrol/Harry Winks/Emerson Hyndman to the list of mids.

Good prospects no doubt but we need a few players with more experience
We have enough youngsters

Good prospects no doubt but we need a few players with more experience
We have enough youngsters

Of the players released by championship clubs so far I might look at Readings releases- Anton Ferdinand experienced back up and more mobile that Batth? Robson Kanu? He is only 27. Simon Cox, poor season but perhaps needs a new challenge? Robert Green from QPR- wages may be an issue but a vast improvement on Ikeme? As they are all free agents we can save transfer funds even if the wages were higher end. Given the lack of experience and the fact that a few injuries to key players really has shafted us 2 years on the trot perhaps it is about time we recruited more Nous( Boozad please note the spelling). Robson Kanu and Edwards may link better given their Wales connections. Green may be more commanding. Not convinced re Ferdinand but just " putting it out there"

If you add those names top the squad it does give it more depth, experience and balance. Not that there arent many more names .........

Back