• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Is that such a bad team? I'd rather have Hause than Batth, and Price ahead of Coady, but assuming the new signings are of the required standard (I admit to concerns here) I don't think that's a bad team at all.
And assuming Henry doesn't play in the middle ahead of Mason. Or on the right ahead of Wallace.

Not a bad team at all assuming you're happy to finish in the middle of the Championship. The thought of Jackett looking for a "physical no. 9" fills me with dread. "Right, Danny, just lump it up to Chris Wood for the whole season."

I have a nasty feeling Ken will want that 6'7 freak from Charlton who couldn't hit a barn door. He'd fit all his parameters of a non goalscoring lump like Sagbo, Clarke and Holt.

Is that such a bad team? I'd rather have Hause than Batth, and Price ahead of Coady, but assuming the new signings are of the required standard (I admit to concerns here) I don't think that's a bad team at all.
And assuming Henry doesn't play in the middle ahead of Mason. Or on the right ahead of Wallace.

Bad players, no, manager trying to turn Wolves into Millwall is a very bad thing.

Its difficult to get excited with any Kenny Jackett team selection on day one because by match four the tactics and team selection will be vastly different. I just hope some time next season Wolves try and pass the ball from the back, through midfield and into the striker or strikers. But I wont hold my breathe on that happening.

Its difficult to get excited with any Kenny Jackett team selection on day one because by match four the tactics and team selection will be vastly different. I just hope some time next season Wolves try and pass the ball from the back, through midfield and into the striker or strikers. But I wont hold my breathe on that happening.

Forest post match he singled Iorfa out for keeping hold of the ball too long, I've interpreted that as he expects him and Batth to launch it ASAP.

Forest post match he singled Iorfa out for keeping hold of the ball too long, I've interpreted that as he expects him and Batth to launch it ASAP.

If I was interviewing him I would then question his tactical thinking by not selecting Jack Price who would offer Iorfa a short ball passing option. We then build from that fairly basic base.

I have a nasty feeling Ken will want that 6'7 freak from Charlton who couldn't hit a barn door. He'd fit all his parameters of a non goalscoring lump like Sagbo, Clarke and Holt.
In fairness to Sagbo, he played him as a #10 which Yannick had never done for Hull or Evian.

I didn't realise he'd said that, absolutely ridiculous! Iorfa's options were to pass to DE/CC, both of which played an incredible game of hide and seek or hoof it long for James Henry to be out jumped by a 6ft 3 Matt Mills. Ace!

Who is the Charlton lump people mentioned? my Charlton mate says we are watching Berg Gudmundsson who he described as a forward/left sided attacker, although he really seems to rate him.

Asked him where he heard this but hasn't replied, have we been linked with him before or do I recognise him from probably scoring past us?

Makienok is the big lump. He is bloody awful, I'd rather re-sign Jake Cassidy. I don't think we are after him though. Gudmundsson maybe and I'd be ok with that.

Gudmonsson is only behind Judge in the assist stakes despite playing for the mess at Charlton. I wanted him last season and would be happy with him now.

We've got to get an Icelandic signing right at some point.

Ingimarsson: Seemed to be signed without DJ's say so, played him in midfield for reasons best known to himself, looked rubbish there in our cacky formation with no left winger (sound familiar), sold and went on to be a club legend at Reading playing at centre half, funny that being as he was a centre half

Gudjonsson: Signed on loan, barely played, from the Conor Coady school of first touches, sent back at end of loan

Sigurdarson: Deeply disappointing and never come close to justifying his fee. Will go for free

Jonsson: The Egg, one of the most bizarre signings Wolves have ever made, now at a bottom five League One club which is probably close to his level, we bought him in the Premier League

My mate hasn't replied still, but he isn't really a footy rumours sort, I often forget he supports Charlton although has been going this season from what I can see as gets tickets via someone, he texted me this as he used to come watch Wolves in the pub at uni with me as his Granddad was a Wolves fan so he was keen for it to happen based on that link, so hope it's come from somewhere and not what the lad in the queue for the pies told him.

Lad sounds promising then so am sure someone will be in for him.

We were linked with this guy last season but he signed a new contract. That said it might just have been Moxey being curious, phoning up his opposite number at Charlton - "How much for that Gudmon, err Gutman, no Gayman? No, sorry look I mean that left winger of yours?" "Hmmmm that much eh? OK, well thanks for that". "What an offer from us? No just had a few spare minutes thought I'd just ask the question. Just curiosity really. You do realise my job isn't dependent on buying this player don't you"?

We've got to get an Icelandic signing right at some point.

Ingimarsson: Seemed to be signed without DJ's say so, played him in midfield for reasons best known to himself, looked rubbish there in our cacky formation with no left winger (sound familiar), sold and went on to be a club legend at Reading playing at centre half, funny that being as he was a centre half

Gudjonsson: Signed on loan, barely played, from the Conor Coady school of first touches, sent back at end of loan

Sigurdarson: Deeply disappointing and never come close to justifying his fee. Will go for free

Jonsson: The Egg, one of the most bizarre signings Wolves have ever made, now at a bottom five League One club which is probably close to his level, we bought him in the Premier League
Crap record really.

Iversen must be the closest we've come to a successful Scandinavian signing?

Allan Nielsen was good on loan.

I didn't mind Iversen, more dreadful man management from DJ.

Iversen was shockingly managed by DJ.

Think we were linked with Gudmonsson last close season. I'd be ok with him as a signing, as could possibly play the wide left of the rhombus (lol, not) but also if we were 4-4-2 with someone like Graham out wide he could also play the left sided central midfielder too.

We are desperate for a player who has some pace at the moment imo. Either in midfield or up front. We're chronically slow.

I don't think Gudmonsson has ever played in central midfield. He's exclusively a winger.

I'm sure Ken could find a way to slot him into the middle. After having him on the bench for weeks and then loaning him out elsewhere of course.

Back