• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I agree with the majority of your post but I think this is being kind to McDonald. His attitude is abysmal and I really think he's escaped with less criticism than he's deserved this season. I'd $#@! him off at the earliest opportunity along with half the squad who are clearly nowhere near the required standard.

I heard it from a usually reliable source, that McDonald and Jackett clashed with Mc telling him the system is shit!

from another reliable source, i was told that KJ asked KMac to attend some charity/school event and he said no.

Perhaps he was worried. He does have that "bloke with a panel van and a pocket full of lollipops" vibe about him.

Players are contractually obliged to do the charity / hospital stuff. Clearly some go over and above their minimum requirement

I don't buy there being a conspiracy, he was last sighted vs Bristol City when he put in the most half hearted midfield display I've seen since we had Darren Ferguson on the books, which in turn was the latest in a long line of performances where he shirked 50/50s and generally contributed nothing. He got dropped on merit and obviously hasn't done anything in training to suggest he should be given another go, probably because he knows he'll leave in the summer.

He's obviously a miles better footballer than any of Saville, Coady or Edwards but he has no application a lot of the time, Scottish football will be perfect for him if he joins Rangers. I miss an on form and focused McDonald, I don't miss the version we've had this season, he's been shite with a shite attitude.

yes i'm aware of the contractual obligations, so his refusal may have been planned to engineer a move away

I don't buy there being a conspiracy, he was last sighted vs Bristol City when he put in the most half hearted midfield display I've seen since we had Darren Ferguson on the books, which in turn was the latest in a long line of performances where he shirked 50/50s and generally contributed nothing. He got dropped on merit and obviously hasn't done anything in training to suggest he should be given another go, probably because he knows he'll leave in the summer.

He's obviously a miles better footballer than any of Saville, Coady or Edwards but he has no application a lot of the time, Scottish football will be perfect for him if he joins Rangers. I miss an on form and focused McDonald, I don't miss the version we've had this season, he's been shite with a shite attitude.

Isn't it conceivable his shit performances and body language is owing to Jackett asking him to play a role which isn't his in defending the back line? It doesn't excuse him necessarily but Afobe cut the same frustrated figure toward the end too. Stropping round the pitch like the cunt isn't the way to go about things but hes tried to approach Ken and it's been mothballed you have to wonder what it does for morale.

A mates dad runs a garage in Shrewbury and his two penneth is whilst serving Jack Prices dad it was mentioned much what Stuardo has said re Macca. I don't go for this 'he said she said' stuff but my mate doesn't follow us fervently enough to lie.

To be honest, I'm not that bothered why his performances have been terrible, that's for the club to deal with. I just know he wasn't worth a place in the team at the point at which we dropped him, he's barely had five decent games all season. We all know he has the mobility of a wardrobe but he just flat out wasn't trying or gave up in a lot of games, it's unacceptable.

He's spent most of his Wolves career playing from deep anyway. Predominantly we've played 4-2-3-1 with him as one of the two and he hasn't really got into the final third much. He did a bit more when we were playing 4-4-2 at the back end of last season.

Also this is a man who schlepped off to the pub at half time of a game for Burnley, got released by them, by all accounts didn't conduct himself brilliantly when leaving Sheffield United, acted the cunt last summer about his Wolves contract and then put in a fair few half hearted performances before he eventually signed a new deal, his phantom back injury cleared up rather quickly afterwards. He might well have had some form of a rift with the manager, he's also probably not exactly the world's greatest professional either. I don't really have the inclination to rally behind Kevin McDonald, I've been done with him for a while. He certainly doesn't strike me as the kind of individual who'll bust a gut to prove the manager wrong if he gets dropped.

The problem with a summer transfer thread is what the hell does the club actually want? I keep thinking about players I'd like, and can't for the hell of me imagine the club having any wish to go for them as my list is baed off my wish that we would be aiming to get promoted, and I am not sure the club will have the same plan.

I can't help but feel we will be getting some lad on a free from abroad that even the most die hard FM fan hasn't heard of, as well as probably some journeyman from Charlton or another relegated side. Williamson will be billed as a new signing too don't forget...

McDonald will be off and Evans is coming back to replace him.
Kenny wants four players. A goalkeeper if we can't agree to get Martinez back. A left back, a left winger and a physical no.9.

Kenny wants four players. A goalkeeper if we can't agree to get Martinez back. A left back, a left winger and a physical no.9.

Those would be the four areas I'd target as well, assuming Williamson can get back to full fitness.

Could live with the first part of that

Be surprised if we sign that many others to meet part 2 - Deslandes has shown enough to be included in the team at LB and there are indications that he can get better the more exposure he gets at this level

I hope he's finding those players for a different club.

Could live with the first part of that

Be surprised if we sign that many others to meet part 2 - Deslandes has shown enough to be included in the team at LB and there are indications that he can get better the more exposure he gets at this level

I'd like to see Deslandes have a season away at L1 like Evans has had. It's easy to forget that he's only 18 because he's such a big guy, he's inevitably going to make errors as he develops, I'd prefer it if he made some of them away from our fans who will write him off at the first opportunity.

I don't think Deslandes is ready yet, admittedly I've only seen him twice and there is some potential there but he looks too prone to a ricket at the moment.

We need a left back anyway, an 18 year old, a sub standard right back and centre half parked there just because he's left footed are not adequate options in that area.

I don't think Deslandes is ready yet, admittedly I've only seen him twice and there is some potential there but he looks too prone to a ricket at the moment.

We need a left back anyway, an 18 year old, a sub standard right back and centre half parked there just because he's left footed are not adequate options in that area.

Fair enough - I've only seen him once, though don't expect the championship to have any more quality next year

(Burnley promoted now so maybe Stephan Ward will be surplus :icon_smile:)

Hi gffh. Haven't seen as much of you on here this season. Shame. Hope for more. I must agree with this and these 4.

Heard little bits lately about his thoughts for next season.

Don't be surprised to see something like this at the beginning of next season:

Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth
Williamson
Doherty

Coady
Evans

Henry/Wallace
Mason/Henry
(new signing)

Dicko/(new signing)

Others:
(new Keeper), Hause, (new left back), Price, Saville, Edwards, Byrne, Hunte, Ronan, Bright

I really hope that's not the team.

Heard little bits lately about his thoughts for next season.

Don't be surprised to see something like this at the beginning of next season:

Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth
Williamson
Doherty

Coady
Evans

Henry/Wallace
Mason/Henry
(new signing)

Dicko/(new signing)

Others:
(new Keeper), Hause, (new left back), Price, Saville, Edwards, Byrne, Hunte, Ronan, Bright

Fuck! We are in the shit then unless messi bale and Rinaldo come on a seasons free loan !

Back