• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/763313835763757057

Rn8FmmR.gif

I'd take him for a season. I think Mendes is his agent as well....

Definitely yes, ideal signing for us.

Carvalho was very good last season. He's criminally slow nowadays, but he was one of the best defenders of the recent era and is still good enough to make up for his lack of pace. I'd happily take him here for a season.

One for Deutsch - if Carvalho were to sign, would he be our oldest ever player? IIRC that record is held by Lawrie Madden, but I think he was 37 when he left.

I thought Wallace was the pick of the bunch first half I was bit baffled he got took off, He's definitely worth keeping IMO.

And he's young enough that we know he's only going to get better. Henry's been going through his peak years the last few seasons, it's only downhill from here for him.

One for Deutsch - if Carvalho were to sign, would he be our oldest ever player? IIRC that record is held by Lawrie Madden, but I think he was 37 when he left.

Paul Jones was pretty old in his second stint. Wiki suggests he was 39 at the end of it.

Hearing that the transfer of Talisca to #wwfc is hours away from completion, medical due this afternoon. (1/2)

Delay was due to the late arrival of his child #talisca #wwfc (2/2)

From "Agent Orange!!" Sounds like Wolves related wind-up.

Hearing that the transfer of Talisca to #wwfc is hours away from completion, medical due this afternoon. (1/2)

Delay was due to the late arrival of his child #talisca #wwfc (2/2)

From "Agent Orange!!" Sounds like Wolves related wind-up.

Seriously? Prior to that tweet he had tweeted once. He has 7 followers. It's clearly a new account that's been set up today.

rovers_willy.jpg

I think youll find
"Archibald Lee Goodall was, at the age of 41 years 153 days, the oldest player ever to feature for Wolves"

Wasn't Hahnemann 38 when he left us? He was the last player to play for Wolves who was older then me. Safe to say that's a record that won't be broken

Paul Jones was bloody terrible in his second stint. Come to think of it, barring a couple of penalty saves his first stint wasn't much better. We got rid of him because he wasn't good enough and then that twat Dave Jones bought him back. The re-signing of both him and the useless Leon Clarke still baffle me to this day.

Fixed it for you.

Added my take on him.

Some pretty funny Talisca tweets on Twatter at present, this one made me chuckle..

Steven Power ‏@Talkingbluds Aug 8
If I'm ever to be told I've got 48hrs left to live, I want to be told by the people spreading the Talisca rumours

They desperately need a right-back - hoping and praying they make a shock bid for Doherty...

I'd actually rather have Doherty than Alan Hutton. Much like I'd rather drink Drambuie than weedkiller.

Must be one hell of a scale then to get Hutton that much further down than your opinion of Doherty

I've seen him play at Molineux for four different teams. Worst player on the pitch every time by a mile.

Back