• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Just out of interest Dino how often have you seen Hause play?

Hause has only just gone 21, last month, and he is a regular for us.

He has tremendous potential esp. if he could play next to a first class experienced CB, instead of Danny Batth whom I think is the player that has reached his limit.

That is why there have been enquiries from Premiership clubs for him.

He is one of our young jewels and should not be sold IMO.

Agreed especially the bit on Batth he's not going to get any better.

Hause has a lot of potential than Danny at his age, Hause is a lot better on the ball more athletic and has a tremendous upside.

I'm another who doesn't see the player in Hause that others do. Compare the none injured Lescott at the same age, playing in the same league and there is an enormous gulf between the two. Iorfa on the other hand I can see being a regular for a mid table PL team in the next 18 months or so.

I'd rather keep Hause because of the potential to improve...He wouldn't be anywhere near the England U21's if he was shit.
Batth however is a different matter. If he'd been born in Hackney instead of Brierley Hill, he'd be getting the pelters he deserves for being a bang average "stopper" with little else (including leadership) to his game.

I'm another who doesn't see the player in Hause that others do. Compare the none injured Lescott at the same age, playing in the same league and there is an enormous gulf between the two. Iorfa on the other hand I can see being a regular for a mid table PL team in the next 18 months or so.

The gulf between Hause and Lescott may be true but players mature at different rates. Hause has played for us in a pretty poor team so far and not really had a chance to settle in. When he's played for the under 21's he looks so much more comfortable alongside better players and players who help with their communication. Batth doesn't lead and a couple times he was at fault last night (out of position) but tried to blame Hause who wasn't having any of it to be fair.

Hause has only just gone 21, last month, and he is a regular for us.

He has tremendous potential esp. if he could play next to a first class experienced CB, instead of Danny Batth whom I think is the player that has reached his limit.

That is why there have been enquiries from Premiership clubs for him.

He is one of our young jewels and should not be sold IMO.
I don't understand the Hause love in, he seems to be nervous on the ball and a calamity waiting to happen defensively. Reminds me of Stearman at an earlier age.

I'd rather keep Hause because of the potential to improve...He wouldn't be anywhere near the England U21's if he was shit.

article-1347429-0AEC94A1000005DC-714_306x423.jpg

#justsayin

The gulf between Hause and Lescott may be true but players mature at different rates. Hause has played for us in a pretty poor team so far and not really had a chance to settle in. When he's played for the under 21's he looks so much more comfortable alongside better players and players who help with their communication. Batth doesn't lead and a couple times he was at fault last night (out of position) but tried to blame Hause who wasn't having any of it to be fair.
I suppose you can look at that both ways. On the one hand playing with better players could see him improve, on the other being our best centre half and being better than Batth and EEL isn't exactly a high bar. Iorfa impressed me more at centre half for a couple of games towards the end of last season than Hause ever has.

I don't understand the Hause love in, he seems to be nervous on the ball and a calamity waiting to happen defensively. Reminds me of Stearman at an earlier age.

Surely if he was nervous he would just hoof the ball whereas in truth he takes his time and looks for a pass. He often doesn't have a pass on and takes his time and sometimes opposition players get close to him before he plays the ball and the only people who get nervous are the fans. Last night he was more than fine with Evans, Price and Teixeira always wanting the ball.

I would say he does need to make a decision quicker some times that if the ball can't go into midfield he has to do something else but that would help if he had a proper left back outside him and a gk and centre back partner who communicated with him.

I like Mawson he is a bit similar to Batth in that stopper mold but unlike Batth he's actually comfortable on the ball and doesn't look like he's playing with clown shoes on his feet.

I can't remember exactly Johnny. Why do you want to know?

I think nailing your colours to the mast on a player you haven't seen much of dents the credibility of your post. You will probably be basing your opinion on an old performance and the player could well have changed over that time.

The times of seen Hause I can see what people like about him but as other have said his decision making is slow and questionable but he can improve the mental side of his game. If he doesn't show improvement over the next 6 months I doubt he ever will in which case Bear and others will be proved correct. I hope he does improve that side of his game.

The chances of us selling Hause in this window are slim to none. He's one of the few first team players we have that actually has the potential to play at the level Fosun want us to.

I think nailing your colours to the mast on a player you haven't seen much of dents the credibility of your post. You will probably be basing your opinion on an old performance and the player could well have changed over that time.

The times of seen Hause I can see what people like about him but as other have said his decision making is slow and questionable but he can improve the mental side of his game. If he doesn't show improvement over the next 6 months I doubt he ever will in which case Bear and others will be proved correct. I hope he does improve that side of his game.

I see. So again you make an assumption about me to back up your own opinion.

Just give your own opinion instead of trying to undermine mine, and trust me I wouldn't give an opinion on a player if I hadn't seen him play, FFS.

Agreed. His distribution is poor, and his awareness of what's around him and when to keep/get rid of the ball is also not good because of this.

Last season he started off badly making ricks in almost every game. He cut that out eventually but from what I saw of him against Rotherham he hasn't improved his game any in the last season. He was also supposed to be marking Ward from the corner that he scored from.

Thought it was Bodvarsson that lost Ward?

Surely we can't sell anyone until we get more players in?

There are players I'd happily get rid of as they are offering us nothing. We may as well play kids rather than retain them. Hause is not one of those candidates. Moreover no-one will buy our dross, anyone who might find them desirable (L1 clubs and below) probably can't match their wages.

Back