• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

My thoughts exactly although I think Hause & Iorfa have potential but they need an experienced player next to guide them

I would also give chances to Graham and Zyro when fit

Apart from those 7 - the rest I hope will not be here in 12 months time !!

Yup, and Dicko too.

The defence is a real concern. I hope Batth can step up - local lad who loves the club n'all that - but there's only so long that your passion can outweigh your footballing ability.

Mason, Wallace and Price aside, it doesn't seem like any of the old guard are making a particularly good name for themselves at the moment. Disappointing as I thought they would be fighting to be part of the new era.
Good management to give every opportunity to existing staff before embarking on a recruitment drive.

Good management to give every opportunity to existing staff before embarking on a recruitment drive.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's clear there are gaping holes in the squad without giving everybody a chance. We don't have a recognised left back and both 'keepers are pretty rank.

I agree with giving the midfielders a chance but we needed a LW, AM and STR and Fosun have addressed those issues immediately. Clearly we are in need of at least a LB and CM (Talisca hopefully) and probably another CB. I'm not in the camp that we need a new striker or RW as I think we have enough cover in both of those positions with Dicko, Ennis and Mason to complement Bod and Wallace, Henry and Tex to cover the RW slot.

As Langers said it would be nice to have one player in before Reading.

Yeah I don't think it's a case of giving existing players a chance, more than it's logistically impossible to bring in a completely new squad in a couple of weeks in a new job. Zenga and Fosun have eyes - they'll see that the majority of the squad are nowhere near the required standard. There will be very few players at the club who shouldn't be concerned about being replaced. And that was the case regardless of the takeover.

I really want to see a new defender brought in ASAP because the current setup looks as stable as I would at an Adrian Chiles fan club meeting.

Pretty sure people were saying things like "very busy day at Compton" etc well over a week ago. That was obviously bollocks. To me it doesn't look like anything is imminent (Talisca certainly doesn't seem close), which is a shame - but then again I am happy to admit I know fuck all. It would be great to get another body or two through the door before the weekend. The players from last season don't fill me with confidence that they can improve at all.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's clear there are gaping holes in the squad without giving everybody a chance. We don't have a recognised left back and both 'keepers are pretty rank.

I agree with giving the midfielders a chance but we needed a LW, AM and STR and Fosun have addressed those issues immediately. Clearly we are in need of at least a LB and CM (Talisca hopefully) and probably another CB. I'm not in the camp that we need a new striker or RW as I think we have enough cover in both of those positions with Dicko, Ennis and Mason to complement Bod and Wallace, Henry and Tex to cover the RW slot.

As Langers said it would be nice to have one player in before Reading.

Its clear to you having watched these players fail for a couple of seasons but Zenga has only had five minutes to do an initial appraisal and would have been listening to the existing coaching staff before making his own mind up.
Patience required.

Pretty sure people were saying things like "very busy day at Compton" etc well over a week ago. That was obviously bollocks. To me it doesn't look like anything is imminent (Talisca certainly doesn't seem close), which is a shame - but then again I am happy to admit I know fuck all. It would be great to get another body or two through the door before the weekend. The players from last season don't fill me with confidence that they can improve at all.

I keep saying this, but we don't know if anything is imminent. And I'll keep using the Bodvarsson signing as an example. No rumours on him whatsoever until an hour before the club confirmed he'd signed.

Its clear to you having watched these players fail for a couple of seasons but Zenga has only had five minutes to do an initial appraisal and would have been listening to the existing coaching staff before making his own mind up.
Patience required.

Thanks for that patronising rubbish. You are making assumptions that Zenga and Shi have not seen the squad and spoken to the staff about players. It is a fact we do not have a senior left back and our two left sided players are injured, that much is recorded and any person seeing the squad for the first time will be told that. Not a case of giving players a chance more that there weren't any players to give a chance to.

Thanks for that patronising rubbish. You are making assumptions that Zenga and Shi have not seen the squad and spoken to the staff about players. It is a fact we do not have a senior left back and our two left sided players are injured, that much is recorded and any person seeing the squad for the first time will be told that. Not a case of giving players a chance more that there weren't any players to give a chance to.
I kinda like the thought of owners and managers coming into a club completely clueless about everything except the club name. :)

I would have thought the existing staff would have given a positive appraisal of Matt Doherty at left back before leaving WZ to draw his own inclusions after watching and selecting him.

In fairness, we have signed a left back.

In fairness, we have signed a left back.

Silvio is a RB who can play on the left a bit like Doherty..........

I would have thought the existing staff would have given a positive appraisal of Matt Doherty at left back before leaving WZ to draw his own inclusions after watching and selecting him.

You're making assumptions, the existing staff could've said he was utter shite at LB and we are desperately in need of one. The point is we don't know.

I don't think it is a case of giving those players a chance but more a case of having to until we can bring the required players in

Mason, Wallace and Price aside, it doesn't seem like any of the old guard are making a particularly good name for themselves at the moment. Disappointing as I thought they would be fighting to be part of the new era.

Wallace definitely isn't. He was apparently much better last night but he was dreadful vs Rotherham.

I don't think it is a case of giving those players a chance but more a case of having to until we can bring the required players in

I think that's why Fosun acted as quickly as they did to get a LW and STR in (without Zenga seeing the team play competitively). I'm not sure we needed another RB or CM but Tex looks a hell of a player so can't complain there.

Leeds can take Scholl as I'd certainly have Charlie Taylor here, admittedly I've only seen Taylor play but he's pretty damn good.

I thought the same thing when I read the article. Taylor a good player who would improve us.

Back