• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Back on topic - reckon Talisca will only sign on the last day of the window when he finally realises that there isn't another option :icon_biggrin:

Back on topic - reckon Talisca will only sign on the last day of the window when he finally realises that there isn't another option :icon_biggrin:
If that's the case I hope he's got a professional attitude and will give his best, generally speaking I have my doubts about players who don't really want to join. Having said that we don't really know what's going on and what he's thinking about all this.

Fuck me you lot. I usually pop on here whilst eating my dinner! Where's that vom smiley?

$#@! me you lot. I usually pop on here whilst eating my dinner! Where's that vom smiley?

I think it's more this one that's more appropriate :killa:

We should really be saying congratulations to the lad for becoming a father and good luck with his lack of sleep..... but only if he signs of course.

Naa he meant dinner, tea is tonight. :)

This tweet made me laugh:

Talisca's partner wasn't even pregnant when the first rumours of a move surfaced. #wwfc

I have to say I was expecting more, the new boys haven't really spent any money yet. Maybe we're spunking it all on Talisca but it's gone very quiet since Wednesday.

Maybe we're waiting for a run of games to see where the problem areas are? I imagine Thelwell has some idea, but still.

I'd imagine anyone with any working knowledge of the Championship could tell you what was wrong with Saturday's starting XI.

We'll get the players in, Zenga's been in charge for 11 days for heaven's sake.

Yup, and I imagine they'll want him to have some input. I wouldn't be surprised if the previous signings were just players Butti/Mendes recommended. Not that I'm complaining as they're pretty good...

Yup, and I imagine they'll want him to have some input. I wouldn't be surprised if the previous signings were just players Butti/Mendes recommended. Not that I'm complaining as they're pretty good...

Well two of them are good but we haven't seen the other two yet. Maybe Costa will get a run out tonight?

They won't be. It's terrible.
No arguments from me, but maybe they'll want until January or a year to evaluate everything. They're not exactly football people ready to go from the off. Also not your regular owner structure, it's an investment company?

I don't see them splashing the cash to use a well known phrase.

I think we'll bring in at least another 3 before the deadline. Winger, full back & centre mid and I wouldn't be surprised if we went for a keeper, centre half or striker on top of that. No player is safe in his position and all of them can be upgraded.

Also, to the people saying, 'oh no it's all gone a bit quiet'. We had literally an hours notice before Bodvarsson signed. It's an entirely new system in place, all the usual journo's or ITK fans are completely obsolete. Stop worrying.

No arguments from me, but maybe they'll want until January or a year to evaluate everything. They're not exactly football people ready to go from the off. Also not your regular owner structure, it's an investment company?

I don't see them splashing the cash to use a well known phrase.

Like £20m you mean?
Jeff Shi has already said we need 5-8 players and Zen might think we need more. If he knows football then he'll know that we don't have the squad to get to the Premiership which is where the owners want to get to ASAP so they can get the best return on their investment.

Like £20m you mean?
That's what I expect them to spend over two years, if we spend 15-20 mill on Talisca...not much left.

Jeff Shi has already said we need 5-8 players
We've already got 5 in counting Lonergan.

If he knows football then he'll know that we don't have the squad to get to the Premiership which is where the owners want to get to ASAP so they can get the best return on their investment.
We don't really know if ASAP means one or two or three years, going up this season is unlikely.

Back