• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I'm loving this. :icon_lol:

Forget Pogba, this is the best transfer saga of the summer.

Agreed. Our squad last season had plenty of championship experience. But they weren't good enough. I want to see good players in Wolves shirts - I don't particularly care where they come from as long as they've got the required ability.

Besides, Thelwell is still here and I'm sure he'll have some influence over transfer targets which will be based in this country. But I don't think it's in any way necessary for them to have experience of this league.

A bit controversial this post but it may be that the addition of some of our new players brings out the best in some of our existing squad. Joe Mason and Bod may work together Savile may be better with TeX Doherty work better with Costa maybe. We are very much a work in progress and its very early days but I would not be surprised to see some if last years under achievers fulfil their potential

Doherty would work better in Costa Coffee.

A bit controversial this post but it may be that the addition of some of our new players brings out the best in some of our existing squad. Joe Mason and Bod may work together Savile may be better with TeX Doherty work better with Costa maybe. We are very much a work in progress and its very early days but I would not be surprised to see some if last years under achievers fulfil their potential

I would, Doherty and Edwards are shite and wouldn't improve playing next to Paul Pogba, Neymar, Pique, Chellini or Messi.

Twitter is awash with rumours of Bony bids today, this is mental, enjoyable or a farcical level, but mental. It's hard to know what to think with the Talisca rumour, it may all be one big ruse by Mendes to get his client into a PL club for all we know. It would be one of the best hoax's I've ever seen involving agents, club owners and presidents.

I can confirm it's on.

Just been down at the pram shop, paying for our pram for the little one that is due in Oct, a Brazilian came up to me and said he was getting a pram for his brother who was a footballer and was signing for Wolves, he asked if I could recommend what pram would be best for the streets of Wolvo, but was very specific that it also needed enough room in the carrage to store a beach volleyball, some coffee, some trousers for capoeira and a carnival hat...told him to go for the ickle bubba stomp v3 if you are interested, also you are welcome.

I can confirm it's on.

Just been down at the pram shop, paying for our pram for the little one that is due in Oct, a Brazilian came up to me and said he was getting a pram for his brother who was a footballer and was signing for Wolves, he asked if I could recommend what pram would be best for the streets of Wolvo, but was very specific that it also needed enough room in the carrage to store a beach volleyball, some coffee, some trousers for capoeira and a carnival hat...told him to go for the ickle bubba stomp v3 if you are interested, also you are welcome.

:icon_lol:

I can confirm it's on.

Great news! Worth noting there was no mention of the pram also having to function in Liverpool at a later date.

One thing I'm unsure about, why would the work permit guys in government be delayed by Talisca's wife being in labour? Surely they should be pushing through?

Great news! Worth noting there was no mention of the pram also having to function in Liverpool at a later date.

The Liverpool version comes with bricks instead of brakes as crime prevention.

Sorry!

One thing I'm unsure about, why would the work permit guys in government be delayed by Talisca's wife being in labour? Surely they should be pushing through?

Baby will probably be signed by Mendez and loaned to our academy by Friday as part of the deal!

Regardless I am loiving the last fortnight! So much happening its hard to keep up. Bye bye dull days!

Another 2 days according to A Bola :neer_neer:

A- THE A +
The Wolverhampton asked yesterday the English Federation (FA) work permit for Anderson Talisca, documentation necessary to complete the transfer of the Brazilian forward of 22 years for England.

Second can read this Tuesday in the ball, the Club Championship (equivalent to the League 2) hopes to unlock the situation over the next two days and closing the hiring until end of this week.

Talisca transfer to Wolves can render to the Eagles the 25,000,000 euros, but it is likely that the business templates include a funding base and some clauses for goals – number of games, goals or individual awards

From the Express & Star:

Tottenham Hotspur's fringe player Nabil Bentaleb is the latest player to be linked with a move to Molineux.

The 21-year-old Algerian possesses every attribute required to be a success at the highest level in the game, but his opportunities for first-team football at White Hart Lane have been limited recently after only making five Premier League appearances last season.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2016/08/09/transfer-rumours-august-9-2/#s0bybYXPOdRxQToV.99

Good be a good option on loan?

Another 2 days according to A Bola :neer_neer:
They could at least make the effort to change it to 1 or 3 days every other edition.

As an aside we have different work permit rules in Norway, probably because we're rubbish.

Authority figure: Do you have a contract ready to sign?
Player figure: Yes
Authority figure: Good enough for me! Here is your work permit for the duration of your contract.

Clubs can have 11 foreigners from anywhere in a 25 player squad, basically no questions asked. I've never heard of anyone getting a 'no'.

The E&S have never said a word about Talisca.

This could be read one of two ways. Probably, with their record, he'll be signing.

The E&S have never said a word about Talisca.

This could be read one of two ways. Probably, with their record, he'll be signing.

Tim II asked Zenga about Talisca the other day.

Would prefer Bentaleb over Talisca, tbf. He's top draw.

Back