• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

He's been ribbed on Twitter due to his attire. Decided to go to the game dressed as a space cadet.

Yeah we were chanting 'Jordan works for NASA' at him. :icon_lol:

He was loving the 'SOTV' chants.

Edit: didn't see Aiki's post.

All this talk about Talisca. Genuinely wonder if anyone on this forum had seen him compete in a full 90 minutes before his name cropped up on here? Probably not. After the length of time this has rumbled on, if indeed he does join, I really hope the weight of expectancy is something he can handle. New country, new lifestyle, new language, new style of play etc etc. I hope he can hit the ground running, because a section of our fanbase have proven before they're difficult to please.

As for other Twitter rumours, a huge homecoming for a certain Mr. Sako was doing the rounds last night/this morning. Highly doubt there is anything in it (after all, there is little room for sentiment in today's game); however, imagine this...

-----Dicko--Bodvarsson--
Sako----Talisca----Costa

Someone hand me a wet towel.

Sako is crippled at the mo. Palace have no idea how long he is out for.

All this talk about Talisca. Genuinely wonder if anyone on this forum had seen him compete in a full 90 minutes before his name cropped up on here? Probably not. After the length of time this has rumbled on, if indeed he does join, I really hope the weight of expectancy is something he can handle. New country, new lifestyle, new language, new style of play etc etc. I hope he can hit the ground running, because a section of our fanbase have proven before they're difficult to please.

I knew who he was due to him being my star player and marquee signing on FIFA! :icon_lol: So I was very excited (and TBH just thought it was t'internet bullshit) when he was first linked.

As is often the case, I looked him up to see what he was like in real life. Pretty sure I saw a Champions League game last season and his name cropped up so I kept a close eye on him.

Like most I'd never heard of the player's who have come in and maybe coming in.
Texiara seems to have done well along with Bodvarsson, as for Talisca, I guess it's the old if someone's gonna cost you 20mill he must be good.

Assuming he does sign, I wouldn't expect him to reach full fitness for a couple of weeks but after that, he's obviously going to be under the spotlight somewhat with the fans. That's to be expected because if he signs, that'll be our transfer record smashed.

You'd think he'd be a marked man in the league too, assuming he does sign...

I knew who he was due to him being my star player and marquee signing on FIFA! :icon_lol: So I was very excited (and TBH just thought it was t'internet bull$#@!) when he was first linked.

As is often the case, I looked him up to see what he was like in real life. Pretty sure I saw a Champions League game last season and his name cropped up so I kept a close eye on him.

So from what you know and have seen am I right to assume that he is a central attacking midfielder ?

Also, in your opinion how good is he ?

But with Costa, Dicko and Tex also playing you'd think we'd just need to be patient until the opposition tire from doubling up on one or all of them. If all the focus falls on Talisca the others would be devastating.

So from what you know and have seen am I right to assume that he is a central attacking midfielder ?

Also, in your opinion how good is he ?

Yeah I think that's where he plays - cracking left foot, good on set pieces, can pick out a pass.

I do remember seeing him in that Champions League match and thinking he was very comfortable on the ball - we'd be getting one of Benfica's first team players as a Championship side, which is frankly a bit ridiculous!!

(Obviously far more important - in FIFA I played him in the number 10 role and he was 2nd top scorer for me as I romped to the Premier League title. Only my new number 9 - Kelechi Iheanacho - scored more. I bought a 19 year old defensive midfielder from Genk called Wilfred Ndidi who formed an awesome partnership with him. So I want us to buy Ndidi too. Frankly, if Walter can't match my achievements I should be given the Wolves job.)

But with Costa, Dicko and Tex also playing you'd think we'd just need to be patient until the opposition tire from doubling up on one or all of them. If all the focus falls on Talisca the others would be devastating.

Very true - and Bod as well. I think Mason could even be a half decent player now he has a big man to play off.

I knew who he was due to him being my star player and marquee signing on FIFA! :icon_lol: So I was very excited (and TBH just thought it was t'internet bullshit) when he was first linked.

Fair play. I'm just worried that a large chunk of our fans are creating this new 'Messiah' type label for Talisca without actually knowing anything about him.

Fair play. I'm just worried that a large chunk of our fans are creating this new 'Messiah' type label for Talisca without actually knowing anything about him.

TBF there should be a lot of expectation if a player is signing for a Championship club for an 8 figure sum. It's daft money for this level.

Well if it is indeed completed we should learn about it soon I imagine.

Back