• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

So if I understand this correctly we pay twice what a player is worth on the theory he plays well and we recoup our money and/or get promoted? If that's correct I'd rather not thanks.

Fits in with Mendes' old 3rd party ownership deals, shuffling people around at inflated values because you had external funding boosting prices. Can remember reading something a while back that reckoned the only reason Rodriguez and Falcao ended up at Monaco was because of the way their 3rd party deals needed to play out in order for everyone to make a profit, they were pretty much the only club at the time that had the available cash to buy out both existing clubs and 3rd party stakes freeing them players up for easier subsequent transfers.

Think it was a Guardian piece I read on Mendes a couple of weeks ago that tried to explain a lot of that sort of stuff he's regularly involved in.

Anything to say this money is coming from Fosun though rather than being leveraged against the clubs assets? Not saying this is the case, but I've not read anything to say additional expenditure to the original purchase is coming from them, just presumption

This is the concern.

Anything to say this money is coming from Fosun though rather than being leveraged against the clubs assets? Not saying this is the case, but I've not read anything to say additional expenditure to the original purchase is coming from them, just presumption

I may be paraphrasing but didn't Jeff pretty much say money wasn't an issue? We won't be paying any transfer fee over in one go, we still have loose change over from the Afobe sale and our new owners have said they intend to buy success.

I really don't see the issue with this transfer, it is clear the guy is talented, Mendes has a long track record of setting his players up nicely and if Talisca is a decent prospect he wouldn't risk his future investment by putting him in a club that is going to tread water in the Championship.

If we sign Talisca it is a massive coup.

They openly committed to £20-30m investment on top of the purchase price right from the outset. There's no way they're mortgaging the stadium or training ground to fund transfer spend.

I may be paraphrasing but didn't Jeff pretty much say money wasn't an issue? We won't be paying any transfer fee over in one go, we still have loose change over from the Afobe sale and our new owners have said they intend to buy success.

I really don't see the issue with this transfer, it is clear the guy is talented, Mendes has a long track record of setting his players up nicely and if Talisca is a decent prospect he wouldn't risk his future investment by putting him in a club that is going to tread water in the Championship.

I don't think Mendes really puts too much thought into the footballing side of transfers, he moves his players financially.

Agree with all of this. If we get him, we should be ecstatic and excited to see what he can do. Fingers crossed it happens.

Sign a player for £20m. Give him a five year deal.

Amortisation is your friend. The FFP bill for the transfer is £4 million a year. The maximum it can ever be for FFP purposes is actually £12m

I don't think Mendes really puts too much thought into the footballing side of transfers, he moves his players financially.

I doubt he would risk the potential future value of a player for the sake of one transfer.

I doubt he would risk the potential future value of a player for the sake of one transfer.

1 underwhelming season isn't going to stop him from moving someone on, Di Maria's underwhelming season at United didn't stop PSG throwing silly money at him, likewise Falcao's fall from the top since going to Monaco hasn't prevented him snagging a couple of lucrative loans at some top clubs.

Mendes finds ways to peddle his players around and he makes a lot of money in doing so, that's the real driver.

Might be some more late action today:

Jamie Pilkington ‏@Red_Wolf123 4h4 hours ago
@njudah_star Hey NJ any more rumoured signings today mate?

Nathan Judah ‏@njudah_star 4h4 hours ago
@Red_Wolf123 We got the nod late on that something was imminent

Probably banning the E&S from the ground as they can't even repeat what's been said without fucking it up.

1 underwhelming season isn't going to stop him from moving someone on, Di Maria's underwhelming season at United didn't stop PSG throwing silly money at him, likewise Falcao's fall from the top since going to Monaco hasn't prevented him snagging a couple of lucrative loans at some top clubs.

Mendes finds ways to peddle his players around and he makes a lot of money in doing so, that's the real driver.

Really Mark, you've never mentioned this before. Can you explain to me again how this works, i'm not tired of reading it at all...

Might be some more late action today:

Jamie Pilkington ‏@Red_Wolf123 4h4 hours ago
@njudah_star Hey NJ any more rumoured signings today mate?

Nathan Judah ‏@njudah_star 4h4 hours ago
@Red_Wolf123 We got the nod late on that something was imminent

Apparently nothing today, "imminent" to Judah means just before the weekend.

Back