• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

No article to link it to, but the latest Twitter rumour HAS to be bull$#@!, surely??

Mikel Oyarzabal - Spanish wonderkid - a winger. A daft record for someone so young in La Liga.
I've seen him quite a few times last season, that would be insane. He's good already at 19.

Who is he? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

It can't be a rumour until it is repeated. Repeat it enough and it becomes a fact. When it doesn't happen it is the club's fault for not showing enough ambition/showing too much ambition.

Crouch and Papa Gueye are included in above rumour/fact.

Who is he? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

Left winger for Real Sociedad. Already has 1 cap for Spain at 19 years old. He's playing for a mid-table La Liga team so I would be very, very surprised if there is anything in that.

Then again, stranger things have happened!

I'm not a fan of nugents to be honest - doesn't score enough goals, doesn't provide enough assists, and he's 31 so value will only decrease.

I don't get why we'd want Nugent when we now have Bodvarsson, tbh. We need a flair striker to compete with Dicko rather than another big lump who will run all day and bring others into play.

I'm not a fan of nugents to be honest - doesn't score enough goals, doesn't provide enough assists, and he's 31 so value will only decrease.

Nugent has this label of being a fantastic player to sign to get you out of the Championship. However, I agree with your assessment (to a degree), and find Nugent's label to be a tad misleading when you look at the facts.

Over his career he's had a strike ratio of 1 goal every 3 games. Whilst this isn't a BAD strike ratio, I wouldn't consider it a GREAT one either. He's also returned 13 goals in just under 70 games over the last two seasons.

As PQ correctly states, he's only getting older. He would strike me very much as a Adam le Fondre type signing - except ALF has scored more goals in less games than Nugent.

If we were to sign him, I would be underwhelmed.

Papa Gueye currently undergoing fitness test at Wolves?

Back