• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

This time last year..."Whay ain't we spending money? We need players!"

This year..."Why are we spending so much money, it's a waste!"

:confused-smiley-013 :surrendered:

I would rather we spend money on people like Talisca because of the age/sell on possibility than buy players like we used to...Sedgeley, Anderton etc, players coming to the end of their career with very little to offer back

All transfers are a risk but this one seems OK. Unless he gets a bad injury or is awful you wouldn't expect to lose a huge amount of money and might get a nice payout. Of course he's not joining us because he's dreamed of playing for Wolves and I doubt we are in the top 50 clubs he'd choose. As long as he isn't swallowing up our transfer budget this is a good buy.
Rather than trying to find downsides perhaps we should embrace the possibility that we might get to see the most exciting player to wear a Wolves shirt for many a year.

Just buy Talisca now please!! :)

Thank you my friend, I am told Talisca is worth EUR 5-10m maximum, so it is obvious this is not a signing done for football reasons for the good of the club.

Silvio I read has serious injury problems and I guess we are freeing up wages for A Madrid by taking him on. Helder Costa the same for Monaco and/or Benfica, but maybe he might prove to have some value as a player.

I am very worried about the future of our club with FOSUN/Mendes/Gestifute. I see a Valencia scenario as our best case scenario, the other being they load our club up with debt and then disappear having made money from agent fees etc.

Talisca is a good player, don't get me wrong. He has very good attributes, but he's very inconsistent. He can make the difference in England, but needs a little time do adapt to a complete different football. He has a very good shot, he's fast with the ball, and has good technique. A very good left foot. Maybe he can make the difference because he has two years with some european games and against big clubes, like Porto, Sporting, Braga and that. In his first year in Portugal he started very well, scoring some very important goals for Benfica. Jorge Jesus and Mourinho had a beef because of him, at that time. Beside this, he can make even more. Jorge Jesus putted him playing as a second striker, but when Jonas came he was relagated to the bench, and he played more as a centre midfielder, since then.

He can worth 25M € in the future, no doubt, but at the moment... no.

Sílvio is also Mendes player. Atlético bought him to Braga for 8M €, but he wasn't good enough to play in a team like that. He was very unlucky, because he got a very bad injure in the knee and Mendes putted him in Benfica. He was very good in his first year, a season where Benfica had a great team (Oblak, Garay, Siqueira, Markovic, Enzo, Matic, Gaitán, etc., etc..) and he showed at a great level, playing as a left back, but he broke his leg in a game against Az, i guess, and since then he didn't play almost nothing.

Hélder Costa is a good player, with very good attributes, but he needs to grow up a little bit. He's fast with the ball, very good left feet, good crossing skills, but he needs to develop his 1 on 1 skill. He seems a little bit nervous, and with afraid. Needs to be more aggressive. He made part of a great Benfica youth team (Bernardo Silva, João Cancelo, João Teixeira, Hélder Costa and some other guys).

I don't know what plans Mendes has, but as i said, he's a money maker and he use Wolves like he uses Benfica/Atlético/Monáco/Valência. There are a lot of strange business between these clubs in recent years.

Benfica sold Rodrigo and André Gomes for 30M and 15M respectively to a Peter Lim's fund, that then putted them in Valencia. Rodrigo never showed sufficient level to worth 30M. Then, João Cancelo was sent to Valência, Bernardo to Mónaco, and Ivan Cavaleiro to Deportivo, all of them on loan. Before that was noticed that Mendes had bought them for 45M. Bernardo Silva was bought in January for 15M, João Cancelo in the end of the season for the same amount and Ivan was transferred the year after for... 15M.

You have the case of the GK Roberto, that was bought by Benfica for 8,4M, made a terrible season and then sold for... 8,5M, to a fund. The money never showed up and Atlético gave 50% of Pizzi. Later, Benfica bought the rest of him by 6M.

Gaitán was sold this year to Atlético for 25M and, in the same period of time, Benfica bought the rest (50%) of Raúl Jimenez for 13M. Benfica had already spent 9M with him. A player that his a second option in Benfica's team (Mitroglou and Jonas are much better than him).

And now he's trying to sell Talisca for a big amount of money to replace some of that money that Benfica loss in Jimenez business.

Mendes can bring a lot of good players, he's someone with a lot of influence in the world of football nowadays, but he's always looking for his interests.

Sorry for some mistakes in the language, but i don't speak english very often.

Welcome and thanks for the write ups Eusebio.

You only briefly mentioned Texeira. Any opinion on him? He looks good from the videos I saw.

Welcome and thanks for the write ups Eusebio.

You only briefly mentioned Texeira. Any opinion on him? He looks good from the videos I saw.

I think i would already did that, but the post is not there.

Here you have:

Teixeira is a centre midfielder.

He made most of his formation being a defensive miedfielder but, when he became under-18 he changed his position a little bit.

He appeared very well in the pre-season, two years ago, with Jorge Jesus, but he wasn't enough for the manager and went again to Benfica B (reserves).

He went down, its a complete different level, because they play in the second division, that is very weak in terms of quality.

Next season (last year) he played 45' in the first game of the pre season, against PSG, but he play badly and almost ruined his chances at the first team. Went again to Benfica B until January, when he went on loan to Vitória de Guimarães. Didn't have the opportunity to play to much because he was sent off, when he was playing very well, and then he got injured.

He's a very good player but these two years didn't make any good for him. He his a very technique player, with good passing and dribbling skills, but he's also very inconsistent. He has games where he grabbs the ball just for him and tries do solve things for himself.

If he has a good sequence of games he can be more confident and play what he knows.

Talisca sounds like Sako from that description!

It will depend also in witch position he will play. In Benfica he came and started playing as a second striker, because we didn't have very good options to play there, but then Jonas arrived. After that, Talisca played as a centre midfielder, a few games as a defensive midfielder and another games as a left midfielder/winger.

Thanks for your information Eusébio!

I think we will need it quite often, given our new SLB connections!

Cheers for the posts Eusebio and welcome

Happy to be here. Thank you all!

Thanks for your information Eusébio!

I think we will need it quite often, given our new SLB connections!

I pretend to came here usually.

Since you got some players from Benfica that i like (specially Teixeira) im a Wolves fan! :happy:

Will you fight for the promotion?

Talisca is a good player, don't get me wrong. He has very good attributes, but he's very inconsistent. He can make the difference in England, but needs a little time do adapt to a complete different football. He has a very good shot, he's fast with the ball, and has good technique. A very good left foot. Maybe he can make the difference because he has two years with some european games and against big clubes, like Porto, Sporting, Braga and that. In his first year in Portugal he started very well, scoring some very important goals for Benfica. Jorge Jesus and Mourinho had a beef because of him, at that time. Beside this, he can make even more. Jorge Jesus putted him playing as a second striker, but when Jonas came he was relagated to the bench, and he played more as a centre midfielder, since then.

He can worth 25M € in the future, no doubt, but at the moment... no.

Sílvio is also Mendes player. Atlético bought him to Braga for 8M €, but he wasn't good enough to play in a team like that. He was very unlucky, because he got a very bad injure in the knee and Mendes putted him in Benfica. He was very good in his first year, a season where Benfica had a great team (Oblak, Garay, Siqueira, Markovic, Enzo, Matic, Gaitán, etc., etc..) and he showed at a great level, playing as a left back, but he broke his leg in a game against Az, i guess, and since then he didn't play almost nothing.

Hélder Costa is a good player, with very good attributes, but he needs to grow up a little bit. He's fast with the ball, very good left feet, good crossing skills, but he needs to develop his 1 on 1 skill. He seems a little bit nervous, and with afraid. Needs to be more aggressive. He made part of a great Benfica youth team (Bernardo Silva, João Cancelo, João Teixeira, Hélder Costa and some other guys).

I don't know what plans Mendes has, but as i said, he's a money maker and he use Wolves like he uses Benfica/Atlético/Monáco/Valência. There are a lot of strange business between these clubs in recent years.

Benfica sold Rodrigo and André Gomes for 30M and 15M respectively to a Peter Lim's fund, that then putted them in Valencia. Rodrigo never showed sufficient level to worth 30M. Then, João Cancelo was sent to Valência, Bernardo to Mónaco, and Ivan Cavaleiro to Deportivo, all of them on loan. Before that was noticed that Mendes had bought them for 45M. Bernardo Silva was bought in January for 15M, João Cancelo in the end of the season for the same amount and Ivan was transferred the year after for... 15M.

You have the case of the GK Roberto, that was bought by Benfica for 8,4M, made a terrible season and then sold for... 8,5M, to a fund. The money never showed up and Atlético gave 50% of Pizzi. Later, Benfica bought the rest of him by 6M.

Gaitán was sold this year to Atlético for 25M and, in the same period of time, Benfica bought the rest (50%) of Raúl Jimenez for 13M. Benfica had already spent 9M with him. A player that his a second option in Benfica's team (Mitroglou and Jonas are much better than him).

And now he's trying to sell Talisca for a big amount of money to replace some of that money that Benfica loss in Jimenez business.

Mendes can bring a lot of good players, he's someone with a lot of influence in the world of football nowadays, but he's always looking for his interests.

Sorry for some mistakes in the language, but i don't speak english very often.

This answers a few questions I had about our new signings, so thanks for that.

I'm definitely excited to see what they can do but I don't expect great things until they settle in a bit.

Since you got some players from Benfica that i like (specially Teixeira) im a Wolves fan! :happy:

I hope so.

It depends on how our new signings can settle and adapt to the new surroundings. We also have a new manager and a new style of play for the rest of the squad to adapt to also.

Lets see where we get to!

Thanks Eusebio great to have some perspective from the other side.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Exactly what I thought when I read the post.

Welcome. And fear not about your english. It is far better than almost all of our portuguese (and better than some posters english!)

No doubt we will be making a tilt for promotion. Be an interesting ride...

No article to link it to, but the latest Twitter rumour HAS to be bullshit, surely??

Mikel Oyarzabal - Spanish wonderkid - a winger. A daft record for someone so young in La Liga.

No article to link it to, but the latest Twitter rumour HAS to be bullshit, surely??

Mikel Oyarzabal - Spanish wonderkid - a winger. A daft record for someone so young in La Liga.

Langers taking the word of one random Wolves fan on Twitter. The World has truly gone mad.

Back