• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Even if he only stays until Jan it'll be worth it just to see a guy like him play for Wolves.

Agree with Lycan having that quality of player play for our club even if it was only for a few months is an exciting prospect. Fact is if we are top of the table come January and he is enjoying his football who knows what will happen.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Obviously.

Mendes is a money maker.

Mendes is the major part in this transfer.

Benfica bought the 50% of Raul Jimenez, striker that is a second option in the club, for 13 million €. In the total of the transfer it costed 22M€, the most expensive player of the history of the club. A player that is a second option. This was made by Mendes, also. Now, Mendes creates a way to replace some of that money and put Talisca in another club by a value that, at the moment, he doesn't justify.

Thank you my friend, I am told Talisca is worth EUR 5-10m maximum, so it is obvious this is not a signing done for football reasons for the good of the club.

Silvio I read has serious injury problems and I guess we are freeing up wages for A Madrid by taking him on. Helder Costa the same for Monaco and/or Benfica, but maybe he might prove to have some value as a player.

I am very worried about the future of our club with FOSUN/Mendes/Gestifute. I see a Valencia scenario as our best case scenario, the other being they load our club up with debt and then disappear having made money from agent fees etc.

@David_Heras
@WolvesFirst Talisca travels today to England to close his move to Wolves

Exactly, and it won't exactly cost us money*, unless he flops

*in terms of pure transfer fees, quite how the agent's fees alter that equation, we'll never know

So I assume the idea with Talisca is -

We sign him for £17 million or whatever we are paying:
- He helps us get promoted - we get the massive TV money windfall of promotion and he may stay
- We do not get promoted - he has worked 12 months in the UK, therefore granting him a work permit for the PL and a transfer to a bigger club, and we re-coup our money

In order to achieve this I can only assume he's signing at least on a 3 year contract.

I just hope he doesn't get injured.

So if I understand this correctly we pay twice what a player is worth on the theory he plays well and we recoup our money and/or get promoted? If that's correct I'd rather not thanks.

So if I understand this correctly we pay twice what a player is worth on the theory he plays well and we recoup our money and/or get promoted? If that's correct I'd rather not thanks.

Why not? What have we got to lose? Also, it's not really our business- it's Fosun's. I'd much rather this than sign Chris Wood.

I wouldn't take Transfermarkt's valuations especially seriously.

I'm not sure why anyone cares how much we pay for him. Spare change for Fosun.

How is getting a work permit for the Championship any easier than for the Prem though - that's the bit I'm not quite understanding.

It is a points based system now. You get big point for being the top percentiles of wage earners at the destination club. We pay him £40k he gets those points on his application. In Liverpool's wage structure, he doesn't

How is getting a work permit for the Championship any easier than for the Prem though - that's the bit I'm not quite understanding.

I think it's because you get allocated more points for being one of the top earners/transfer fees at the club you're moving to. He'd be nowhere near that at Liverpool but would be our highest earner by some distance.

Anything to say this money is coming from Fosun though rather than being leveraged against the clubs assets? Not saying this is the case, but I've not read anything to say additional expenditure to the original purchase is coming from them, just presumption

Ah right ok. Cheers. Weird system!

Back