• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Shrewsbury 2 - 2 Wolves: The Verdict

You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you going to make a dream come true ?

Dreams are fine, but it looks a bit silly after scraping a 2-2 against a league one side

Wolves 2018 have scored more injury time goals than any other team. That is a real plus

Dreams are fine, but it looks a bit silly after scraping a 2-2 against a league one side

Tbf, I've seen Benfica winning with an injury time goal against a third/fourth league and then proceeding to almost eliminating Bayern of the UCL quarter finals.

It literally has no bearing. Lower league teams have been causing trouble In FA cup games since the competition was invented. We played in terrible conditions and didn’t lose. We will beat them at our place and then we are a couple of good draws away from Wembley (basically not city), and 8th in the league and improving.

If we aren’t thinking of the EL at this stage I’m not entirely sure what we should be thinking about?

Being from
Shrewsbury I was sat in the home ended and gave the game away when we got the first goal! Felt it was a typical cup tie and the wind played havoc first half. 2nd half poor goal to concede . At first look thought ruddy has to do better but does take a deflection. He does have to come for the corner personally for the 2nd, but poor marking. Did well to get back into it. On another day we score 4 or 5. If Traore has end product he’d be playing for a bigger team than us. Saiss is not a defender. Dendonker, I still can’t make my mind up about him!? Costa needs a kick up the back side, really struggling.

It literally has no bearing. Lower league teams have been causing trouble In FA cup games since the competition was invented. We played in terrible conditions and didn’t lose. We will beat them at our place and then we are a couple of good draws away from Wembley (basically not city), and 8th in the league and improving.

If we aren’t thinking of the EL at this stage I’m not entirely sure what we should be thinking about?

If we win our next 3 games then it's a serious possibility, let's hope we do

A maximum of 7 PL sides will be in the last 16. Take it seriously, have a bit of luck with the draw and we can go far

A maximum of 7 PL sides will be in the last 16. Take it seriously, have a bit of luck with the draw and we can go far

Chelsea man city and spurs v man utd would be a great set of pairings for the next round too!

Avoid Man City.

I would genuinely be more worried about playing Derby or Millwall away than Man Utd at home.

First though need to beat Shrewsbury

Being from
Shrewsbury I was sat in the home ended and gave the game away when we got the first goal! Felt it was a typical cup tie and the wind played havoc first half. 2nd half poor goal to concede . At first look thought ruddy has to do better but does take a deflection. He does have to come for the corner personally for the 2nd, but poor marking. Did well to get back into it. On another day we score 4 or 5. If Traore has end product he’d be playing for a bigger team than us. Saiss is not a defender. Dendonker, I still can’t make my mind up about him!? Costa needs a kick up the back side, really struggling.

My eldest breathed a big sigh of relief as he teaches in a Shrewsbury school.....Doc saved him from having to throw a sicky on Monday

Just seen the goal on match of the day - it’s a really good cross by traore, but a fantastic header by Doc - absolutely attacked it, brilliant header.

Doherty gets 57% of his shoots on target. Our best! Jota also 57% but 7 fewer shots!

57% of his shoots ??

Why did I read that in an American accent :)

What are people’s rhouhts on dendonker? I still can’t work out if I think he’s teally good or useless.??

Really don’t see why Sam Ricketts is moaning about the injury time considering we scored in the 93rd minute. There were 5 subs and 3 goals, so it would have been a minimum of 4 minutes anyway.
Looking at the game we’re Shrewsbury unlucky not to win? Not really we still created the better chances on the whole. Imo you can only really count yourself unlucky if you’ve had a bad decision from the ref or a freak own goal that decides the game.
Conceding in the 93rd minute isn’t bad luck.

What are people’s rhouhts on dendonker? I still can’t work out if I think he’s teally good or useless.??

Did you watch the Leicester game? If you did then there's no way you could have come away with any inclination that he is useless so I'm going to go with no.

Yes Donk looks like he is going to be very good for us.

Back