• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Also voted green. First time in my life not voting labour [emoji53]

Seems a lot of EU Nationals are being denied a vote today.
Turned away from polling station this morning. Told I should vote in my EU member state. Called local council yesterday, they confirmed I could vote. Called again today. Apparently council had no time to send out forms to all EU residents. Nothing they can do now #DeniedMyVote

To clarify, I registered before the deadline. Have been here since 2005. Voted many times before. This is ‘my’ EU member state.

At my college today lots of EU nationals were voting- But that is Cambridge university!

Well as I didn't put "Every EU National" a good chance a lot of EU Nationals can and have voted today...

Well as I didn't put "Every EU National" a good chance a lot of EU Nationals can and have voted today...

no you put" seems a lot" , which is completely opposite to my experience here as in "none".

I then quantified it by location.

Pedant. :whistle:

I do apologise for putting "seems a lot of EU Nationals at Cambridge University were denied a vote today" in its coded version of "Seems a lot of EU Nationals are being denied a vote today". Was not my intention to spread fake news or cause confusion. In future I will make sure I take the address of every person who raises the matter via Social Media to avoid any issues about where the problems lies.

Clearly the Council in your area are on the ball and not messing up or delaying processing the voting cards for those who have lived in the UK for a number of years. Maybe we should tell all folk coming over from the EU that Cambridge is the place to go.

I do apologise for putting "seems a lot of EU Nationals at Cambridge University were denied a vote today" in its coded version of "Seems a lot of EU Nationals are being denied a vote today". Was not my intention to spread fake news or cause confusion. In future I will make sure I take the address of every person who raises the matter via Social Media to avoid any issues about where the problems lies.

Clearly the Council in your area are on the ball and not messing up or delaying processing the voting cards for those who have lived in the UK for a number of years. Maybe we should tell all folk coming over from the EU that Cambridge is the place to go.

Bully.

Voted Green - wasn't much of a dilemma TBH.

Roll on the results and the feeling of utter misery, and the realisation that this country is populated by thick, racist fuckwits.

Regardless of whether I agree or not with how you vote, It does make me laugh how this forum often thinks it is better than other because of it’s political views.

Green here too - along with new-voting daughter #prouddad

I hate the fact that so many people are going to be voting for a racist single-issue lobby group with as many "policies" as they have brain cells.

I totally disagree with them, but most people are voting for them because they believe that they stand for democracy rather than anything else.

Perhaps you should. It seems to be a very temperate, tolerent and understanding place without much fear, favour or bullying hence my crocodile skin.

Back